Anyone who is interested in cycling as a sport or pastime can join the Beacon. It doesn’t matter how old you are, how fit you are or what your cycling ambitions are: we’ll always try to make you feel welcome.
|Adults (over 18s)||£15|
|Juniors (under 18s)||£10|
To join, you need to complete an application form and send it to the membership secretary. You can either include a cheque for your membership or pay via Paypal below.
- Join in all the club’s cycling and social activities
- Represent the club in open races organised under the rules of bodies such as Cycling Time Trials and British Cycling
- Take part in club time trials
- Obtain advice and coaching
- Buy and wear club kit
- Get discounts at local bike shops
- Have a say in the way the club is run, by voting at the club’s general meetings
- As a second-claim or social member, you get all the above benefits, except for the right to represent the Beacon in open races and the right to vote at general meetings.
Safeguarding & Welfare
In line with most sports clubs we have a welfare officer, currently David Cox, who has been on the Sports Partnership Safeguarding and Protecting Children training. Any concerns re safeguarding, child protection or protection of vulnerable people can be referred to David in the first instance via a direct message on the message board, via email or by phone using a number published in the membership pack.
The fastest and easiest way to join the club is via Paypal and you don’t need a Paypal account in order to pay this way. They do however add a small charge on to each purchase so please be aware of the extra cost in the dropdown menu below.