Search found 438 matches

by petemarshall
09 Aug 2018 20:55
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Volunteers Needed for Cyclocross 9th of September
Replies: 1
Views: 51

Re: Volunteers Needed for Cyclocross 9th of September

As understand it, registered riders get average points for marshaling their own event. Hopefully all those who ride the series will marshal this event. If others are riding rather than marshaling I will do likewise as I do a considerable amount of marshalling during the summer. So please only includ...
by petemarshall
21 Jul 2018 23:42
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Re: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July

All

Feedback from mike below - thanks again for all your help 👍

Good event
Good marshalling
Good drivers
Good admin
Good atmosphere
Felt safe
Good planning

Well done to all.

Pete please pass to all at Beacon

Regards

Andrew Bailey
by petemarshall
19 Jul 2018 23:16
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Re: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July

Thanks for everyone's help tonight. A good and safe race. Racing can only take place thanks to the voluntary activity of people like yourselves. I hope to see you again at future events. Anyone interested in become a volunteer at races in the future in official capacity such as Accredited Marshal or...
by petemarshall
19 Jul 2018 15:30
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Re: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July

Hi Can I just confirm that this stil going on tonight and we are still required? ive just checked on the british cycling website and it doesn metion us at all in the club listings. thanks You should have received an email from me last week via the BC system. The event is on. If you have any problem...
by petemarshall
14 Jul 2018 21:08
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Road/circuit race reports 2018
Replies: 12
Views: 414

Re: Road/circuit race reports 2018

The answer is, take up cyclocross Laurence😁
by petemarshall
14 Jul 2018 20:58
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Road/circuit race reports 2018
Replies: 12
Views: 414

Re: Road/circuit race reports 2018

You'll get that 3rd cat in no time! I'm having a bit of a break now before hopefully doing some 3/4 road races towards the end of the season, if I can find some. Best of luck finding a 3/4 road race😁 Most 1/2/3 /4 There's a few more rounds of the SSSSC etc. And there's the West Midlands Championshi...
by petemarshall
12 Jul 2018 12:25
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July
Replies: 16
Views: 749

Re: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July

The following message has been sent to you by the club Beacon Roads CC Hi All, Thanks for your assistance at our round of the Stourport Summer Series last Tuesday evening. Grass roots and junior racing would be impossible without the active volunteers, like yourselves, who make this possible. I hope...
by petemarshall
05 Jul 2018 16:29
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Velodrome
Replies: 57
Views: 3330

Re: Velodrome

I attended the regional BC board meeting yesterday evening with Dave Veiner (originator of the petition and Chairman of Halesowen ) to present a case for the Velodrome , including some of the financial and feasibility studies Dave has commissioned. A very interesting debate and covering far too much...
by petemarshall
27 Jun 2018 22:40
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Re: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July

E-mail sent to volunteers by BC system (attachment referred to isn't attached here as I don't have permission) Hi all, Thanks for assisting at this event on 19th July Attached is the full information about the event. Briefings will take place at 18:00 sharp and you must attend these, please let me k...
by petemarshall
26 Jun 2018 21:32
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July
Replies: 16
Views: 749

Re: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July

Following sent to emails on BC system (posted here for those not on system) Hi Thank you for volunteering at the Stourport Summer Series Round 10 - Beacon RCC Details of the event, including a location map can be found here https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/177543/Stourport-Summer-Ser...
by petemarshall
25 Jun 2018 21:37
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Re: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July

The present Beacon contingent is
Volunteers
Pete Marshall (driver)
James Tate (driver)
Stuart White
Robin Kirkham
Dan Newns
Mike Kedian
Roger Cutler
Amanda Whitehouse
by petemarshall
25 Jun 2018 13:37
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Re: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July

Thanks Dave. It is tricky for a club based in Brum to get people out west on a Thursday evening, which is why we assist rather than organising a round. The Wolves Racing Club are the main organiser of this one and they have problems themselves even though they are twice our size. I have picked up on...
by petemarshall
24 Jun 2018 20:23
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Re: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July

I will be attending the final organising meeting for this round of the Thursday road race league on Wednesday. Presently there are serious shortages of flag marshals for this event(it's not yet an accredited marshal event) so if you can help please let me know either by email or Facebook message ASA...
by petemarshall
21 Jun 2018 08:18
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Invite from Halesowen CC
Replies: 0
Views: 78

Invite from Halesowen CC

Hi All, This year, we have opened up this event, and would like to invite you and your club members to take part. Details are on the attachment. It's free to enter, but if possible we would like guest riders to bring along some guest helpers, together with sunshine, please. No pressure then....... H...
by petemarshall
22 May 2018 11:35
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July
Replies: 16
Views: 749

Re: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July

Flag marshals

Gavin Passmore
Dan Newns
Robin Kirkham
George Barker
Stuart White
John Hitchcock
Neil Orchard

Sign on

Yvonne Marshall
Gary Mackintosh
Dave Cole

Finish line judges (2 required )

Laurence Cooley
Mike Kedian
by petemarshall
22 May 2018 10:34
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July
Replies: 16
Views: 749

Re: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July

neilo wrote:
21 May 2018 17:13
I can help out if needed.
Can I get your name and email please?
Contact me through Facebook or
coaching@petemarshall.me
by petemarshall
21 May 2018 11:56
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Re: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July

Be really great if we could get a couple more volunteers for this, presently this round is seriously at risk as it doesn't have Accredited Marshals and the organiser was under the impression that we would be supplying both more drivers and flag marshals. Membership of this league as a club requires ...
by petemarshall
21 May 2018 11:46
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July
Replies: 16
Views: 749

Re: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July

Unfortunately we only have the absolute minimum volunteers to run this event,so I would ask that any Beacon members planning on riding this or any of the other Stourport series of races volunteer for this instead.
by petemarshall
21 May 2018 11:43
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Re: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July

Be really great if we could get a couple more volunteers for this, presently this round is seriously at risk as it doesn't have Accredited Marshals and the organiser was under the impression that we would be supplying both more drivers and flag marshals.
by petemarshall
18 May 2018 16:26
Forum: Technical Talk
Topic: Garmin advice
Replies: 8
Views: 332

Re: Garmin advice

I think you will be very lucky to get 10 hrs on a single charge from any Garmin Edge, other than perhaps the very latest models, if you are using them for anything other than just recording a gps trace of your ride. I have owned a 200. 510, 810 and presently have a 1000. If you are using turn by tur...
by petemarshall
13 Apr 2018 18:05
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July
Replies: 16
Views: 749

Re: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July

Flag marshals ( four required ) Gavin Passmore (racing ) Dan Newns (racing) Robin Kirkham George Barker Sign on ( two required ) Yvonne Marshall Gary Mackintosh Finish line judges (2 required ) Laurence Cooley Mike Kedian First Aid 365 First Aid Be great if we could have another marshal as both Gav...
by petemarshall
04 Apr 2018 16:50
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Halesowen Friday Night Track League
Replies: 21
Views: 1231

Re: Halesowen Friday Night Track League

Alberto Recchioni wrote:
21 Mar 2018 08:45
AdeR wrote:
20 Mar 2018 17:46
April 4, 7pm accreditation session at Halesowen
Hello,
do you know how to register?

Thanks
You contact Fraser Blain, Chief Coach
coaching.hacc@outlook.com
by petemarshall
29 Mar 2018 09:37
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Re: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July

I will put you down as a driver but make it clear it's a first time. It's likely you will end up in a commisairs car doing the radio for them rather than actually driving, but if you do it's a good place to learn the ropes😎
by petemarshall
29 Mar 2018 09:32
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July
Replies: 16
Views: 749

Re: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July

Running order is 19:00 3/4 19:45 Masters V40 20:20 E1/2/3 It should be ok if someone marshals the 19:00 race and then races the 20:20 as long as someone races the 3/4 and then stays for the E1/2/3 My first priority is to ensure I have enough volunteers to cover all the requirements, it is usual for ...
by petemarshall
28 Mar 2018 13:10
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July
Replies: 16
Views: 749

Re: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July

Laurence, if I can't get a first aider I may put myself down and ask you to step up as organiser, just for the evening, Would that be OK?
by petemarshall
28 Mar 2018 11:48
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Re: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July

Volunteers
Pete Marshall (driver)
James Tate (driver)
Stuart White
Robin Kirkham
Dan Newns
Mike Kedian
Amanda Whitehouse
by petemarshall
28 Mar 2018 11:46
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July
Replies: 16
Views: 749

Re: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July

Volunteers
Gavin Passmore (racing )
Dan Newns (racing)
Robin Kirkham
George Barker
Gary Mackintosh
Laurence Cooley
Mike Kedian
by petemarshall
27 Mar 2018 11:23
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Club kit order - deadline 31 March
Replies: 26
Views: 1448

Re: Club kit order - deadline 31 March

I can assure you George that your two final points are shared by at least one committee member, me.😊 There is presently a large stock of items on our accounts and at the same time we had members wishing to race in our colours last season who were unable to find items in their size quickly. It was wi...
by petemarshall
23 Mar 2018 18:34
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July
Replies: 16
Views: 749

Re: Provisional date for Beacon Stourport series race

Now confirmed. Races will be listed on BC website shortly. We will require at least 10 people, including a first aider, on the night. Please put in your diaries and indicate availability asap. Beacon riders are asked not to enter Beacon events unless we have enough volunteers to organise our own eve...
by petemarshall
23 Mar 2018 18:29
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Re: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race season

Just a reminder.
We are presently committed to at least three drivers and eight flag marshals at this event. I am not confident we will get all these so it would be great if volunteers could come forward early.
Could this post also be made a"sticky"
by petemarshall
16 Mar 2018 21:12
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Inter - club challenge 14th July
Replies: 12
Views: 665

Re: Inter - club challenge 14th July

I would agree with Gav that a full BC accreditation as done at Derby or Manchester is best, goes on your license. The minimum for racing at Halesowen would be to do one of their own accreditation sessions run prior to FNTL. I think it's a requirement of BC insurance that track riders are accredited ...
by petemarshall
15 Mar 2018 23:59
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Kit evening, Rowheath Pavilion, 20:00, 20th March
Replies: 17
Views: 1028

Re: Kit evening, Rowheath Pavilion, 20:00, 20th March

A little concerned that the web address given by the salesman at the committee meeting as where we could view our kit
https://www.bodhicycling.com/en/beacon
Returns an error, page not found.
I am hoping the salesman just gave an incorrect address. Could this be checked before the meeting?
by petemarshall
14 Mar 2018 15:20
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Re: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race season

Usually 18:15 to attend briefings, but it may be later.
I may be able to pick up and drop off from Stourbridge Junction station if people can get there for 5:15
by petemarshall
14 Mar 2018 15:14
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Re: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race season

Usually 18:15 to attend briefings, but it may be later.
by petemarshall
12 Mar 2018 20:24
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Kit evening, Rowheath Pavilion, 20:00, 20th March
Replies: 17
Views: 1028

Re: Kit evening, Rowheath Pavilion, 20:00, 20th March

Also note that there is no change in the design of the kit from the Giadanno jersey, you can therefore continue to race in both"old" and"new" kit. You cannot race in BC registered events in the black kit.
There is still stock of the old kit available for purchase.
by petemarshall
12 Mar 2018 12:25
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July
Replies: 23
Views: 1000

Beacon round of Thursday evening road race Enville 19th July

Beacon will be assisting again with a round of the Thursday evening road race season at Wolverhampton airport(Halfpenny Green ) This will be on Thursday 19th July https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/168399/SSSCCRRL-Round-11 Ww require drivers and cars(Silver BC membership required for i...
by petemarshall
12 Mar 2018 12:19
Forum: Beacon Road / Track / CycloCross Racing
Topic: Beacon Stourport series race 10th July
Replies: 16
Views: 749

Beacon Stourport series race 10th July

Provisional date for Beacon round of the Stourport summer season is 10th July
We will need marshals, a first aider and people to help with set up and signing on.
Please indicate if you can assist.
Please give me your email
Thanks
by petemarshall
12 Feb 2018 08:59
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Velodrome
Replies: 57
Views: 3330

Re: Velodrome

It was a bid for a single national stadium. It bankrupted BC and was widely seen as a white elephant, sitting unused and empty most of the time. It was saved by the lottery funding for BC when it became home of the British Olympics development programme for cycling with a huge budget. Entirely a dif...
by petemarshall
03 Feb 2018 16:50
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Velodrome
Replies: 57
Views: 3330

Re: Velodrome

Dave, do you really believe our generation are"largely self interested bigots "? Having spent my life standing on picket lines, fighting for equality and a better life for all alongside a significant proportion of my generation that is not my experience. True to say that nearly 42% of those who vote...
by petemarshall
03 Feb 2018 11:49
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Velodrome
Replies: 57
Views: 3330

Re: Velodrome

Someone mentioned dismantable, semi permanent tracks such as the one used at Wembley for the Skol six day in the seventies and early eighties. There was one of these in Birmingham at Bingley hall does anyone know if it survives or was it burnt down in the insurance scam? There was also one in Wolver...
by petemarshall
01 Feb 2018 18:46
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Velodrome
Replies: 57
Views: 3330

Re: Velodrome

Who has mentioned anything about the council paying the bill? They can't afford to mow the lawns. The petition is addressed to the leader of the council! The council is also the lead on the Commonwealth games and made the bid so is the appropriate body to address a petition wishing to now make chan...
by petemarshall
01 Feb 2018 11:14
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Velodrome
Replies: 57
Views: 3330

Re: Velodrome

The track used for the Skol Six, if it's still around, would be great for six day racing. These are just the types of tracks still in use for six day racing across Europe. Unfortunately they are not acceptable for UCI world championship, Olympics and I assume the Commonwealth games, which require lo...
by petemarshall
31 Jan 2018 21:33
Forum: Time Trials
Topic: V718 course proposed ban by Highways England
Replies: 5
Views: 547

Re: V718 course proposed ban by Highways England

It is always the"safety" arguments used by authorities to stop people doing things. If a road has been made dangerous by cars and lorries driving fast and badly the logical thing to do would be to control the cars and lorries, but no, it's cyclists and pedestrians that must be controlled and even ba...
by petemarshall
28 Jan 2018 19:17
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Velodrome
Replies: 57
Views: 3330

Re: Velodrome

3k+ signatures. plus there's two within an hour of Birmingham that are under utilised. Unless you know better than me the only two circuits are at Tudor Grange and Stourport, both in more or less continual usage at times when booking is appropriate, hardly under utilised. I'll take your word about ...
by petemarshall
26 Jan 2018 14:25
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Velodrome
Replies: 57
Views: 3330

Re: Velodrome

Perhaps the news that Birmingham Bike park, the purpose built BMX facility has just gone bust may point to at least one of the reasons to be cautious about allowing BCC to be involved in yet another large scale project. I would suggest it is far more sensible to try and save the existing facilities ...
by petemarshall
25 Jan 2018 21:20
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Velodrome
Replies: 57
Views: 3330

Re: Velodrome

Certainly no mate of mine and if he's supporting it I am even less likely to.😈
by petemarshall
24 Jan 2018 09:56
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Velodrome
Replies: 57
Views: 3330

Re: Velodrome

Tim, the requirements are for a 200m track and a minimum, I think it's 6000, spectators. I would be the first to support shorter, six day tracks particularly the kind that exist throughout Europe, but that's not what is being proposed in this petition (it's not what BC would want either as on shorte...
by petemarshall
23 Jan 2018 16:00
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Velodrome
Replies: 57
Views: 3330

Re: Velodrome

Not increasing a budget, creating one. The budget of the games was based on track cycling taking place in existing facilities rather than building a new one. If this was to happen the money would have to come from somewhere and the future maintaince and running costs would also have to be budgeted f...
by petemarshall
23 Jan 2018 15:15
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Velodrome
Replies: 57
Views: 3330

Re: Velodrome

Compare the huge costs of building and maintaining an indoor velodrome with the low costs of a facility such as the Stourport circuit, a facility that is in use for coaching, racing and practice more or less continually by grass roots cyclists. That's affordable and practicable in Brum just not as"s...
by petemarshall
23 Jan 2018 13:28
Forum: Club News & Events
Topic: Velodrome
Replies: 57
Views: 3330

Re: Velodrome

The London velodrome was over £100m. It needs to generate considerable income every year to continue. Seems the sensible place to hold a national event rather than building another 6000 seater stadium that would remain empty for most of the year. Derby, which doesn't have the capacity to hold major ...