KIDDERMINSTER KILLER 2021 - 24th July

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: David Cole, WorcsPhil, Philip Whiteman, Beacon RCC, laurence_cooley, George

Philip Whiteman

KIDDERMINSTER KILLER 2021 - 24th July

Post by Philip Whiteman » 06 Apr 2021 10:14

KIDDERMINSTER KILLER ENTRIES SUSPENDED.
I have been overwhelmed with demand but have to be cognisant of numbers due to the lockdown sensitivity. At the moment the event is shy of 100 riders and I do not wish to flood either Belbroughton or Montgomery with riders at a time of 'Covid' sensitivity. I also have to be cognisant that Covid controls such as timed starts and limited numbers of people in the hall may still be required.

The entry system may re-open in late June subject to progress in phasing out lock down.

There is no Clee to Heaven event this year.

ENGLAND ONLY?

Whilst regulations will soon allow for large scale sporting events in England, there is no indication that the proposed cap of 30 in Wales will be relaxed in July. In all probability it will but I have a contingency route that amends the current route slightly to keep you on the English side.

ARE YOU NOT RIDING BUT ABLE TO SUPPORT THE EVENT?

Volunteers are really appreciated at this event and it also gives Beacon members or frequent audaxers a chance to put something back into the sport. I am looking for helpers in the following:

Morning. 7am - 8'ish
- Covid Marshals to direct riders at the hall (hopefully superfluous positions by July)
- Car Park Marshal
- Catering
- Registration

Late Afternoon/Evening

- Kitchen. Various slots between 5 and 10.30pm
- Registering riders
- Clearing up at 10-11pm.

Photographer
- Always a nice to have, especially at the scenic locations.

Licensed Drone Operator
- Now that might be stretching it but I thought I would ask.

NOMINATED BENEFICIARY

https://www.wyreforestnightstop.org.uk/

laurence_cooley

Re: KIDDERMINSTER KILLER 2021

Post by laurence_cooley » 06 Apr 2021 10:26

I made a news item about this year's audaxes for the front page of the website last week, so have updated that with this information. I also updated the audax pages at the same time, so those should all be up-to-date now.

Philip Whiteman

Re: KIDDERMINSTER KILLER 2021

Post by Philip Whiteman » 06 Apr 2021 10:27

laurence_cooley wrote:
06 Apr 2021 10:26
I made a news item about this year's audaxes for the front page of the website last week, so have updated that with this information. I also updated the audax pages at the same time, so those should all be up-to-date now.
Ta, much appreciated