Help!

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

George

Help!

Post by George » 22 Apr 2023 18:12

We're hoping to compile a video of this year's 75th anniversary LMTT. Some semi-professional gear will be in use at the top of Ankerdine. However, endless clips of people gasping over the top of the hill will get pretty boring, and will fail to tell the whole story of the event. I'd therefore like to ask for the help of everyone going to the event tomorrow. Please use any quiet moment you might have to record some video on your phone or any other device you feel comfortable using. Record anything you like that captures the action or the activities surrounding the event: competitors pumping up their tyres or warming up on their rollers; marshals putting up 'Cycle event' signs or showing riders which way to go; spectators encouraging their friends and watching the action; helpers at the HQ pouring tea and putting out plates of cake; officers poring over computers and writing results on the board. In short, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Don't worry about getting it perfect; don't worry that there's nothing 'interesting' to see. Just record it and send it to me afterwards. I'll chop out the good bits and hopefully use ten seconds of this and ten seconds of that to intersperse the Ankerdine footage and create a compilation that makes sense. Obviously, everyone who has duties on the course or at the HQ should put those duties first. But, if you have a couple of minutes to spare before your work starts or when you have finished, or a lull in the middle, or if you're there to help a competitor who is now out on the course, or you've raced and now are finished, please record whatever you see. Thanks!

Hels147

Re: Help!

Post by Hels147 » 01 May 2023 07:27

Hi George, I took some vids. Where do you want me to send them?
If you’re all about the destination, take a f#€king flight!

George

Post by George » 01 May 2023 09:56

Thanks, Helen. Sorry, I've been a bit slow with the follow-up.

Can everyone who took some video at the LMTT send it to me, please? I think the best way to send it is probably using a file transfer service such as WeTransfer. My address is george [at] beaconrcc [dot] org [dot] uk. If you prefer to put it in a Dropbox folder, or a OneDrive folder, or a Google Drive folder or similar, and share the folder with me at the address above, that's fine too. You can even pop it on a memory stick/card and give/post it to me, if you like.

However, regardless of how you send/share it, please let me have the original video file (e.g. MP4 format) at full-resolution. Please don't click the 'Share' button in your video-recording app and share via social media or similar, because then I will get only a compressed, low-res version of your video.

Hels147

Post by Hels147 » 03 May 2023 18:17

We transfer is having a hissy fit for me. I’ll keep trying though.
If you’re all about the destination, take a f#€king flight!