'Not the Weston Run' 300km Beacon ride

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

Are you interested in entering the Rough Diamond as part of a Beacon group?

Yes, because I am that sort of guy; Uber cool and see the ride as an opportunity and not a challenge
100%
No, because I would rather use a cheese grater on my face, stay at home and paint lard onto the cat's boil
No votes

Total votes: 1

Philip Whiteman

'Not the Weston Run' 300km Beacon ride

Post by Philip Whiteman » 19 Feb 2014 12:18

ROUGH DIAMOND 9TH AUGUST

Earlier this year it was announced that I would organise a 300km summer ride again. 'Not the Weston Run' was going to circuit Brecon and the Severn Bridge along a fairly easy route.

Given that I am very busy throughout May and June, several people are riding to Yorkshire for the TdF and Alan has his nocturnal ride in July, I have decided not go ahead with planning a specific 300km ride along the lines of last year's Weston Run.

So here is an alternative event which I can thoroughly recommend:

Mark Rigby's Rough Diamond, will provide good training training for the Kidderminster Killer the week after.. The Rough Diamond is probably the easiest 300km event of the calendar and can easily be completed within 11 hours. It is certainly easier than the Kidderminster Killer.

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/14-6/

Let me know if you are interested?

Alistair Hey

Post by Alistair Hey » 20 Feb 2014 08:04

sounds like a fun day out!

George

Post by George » 20 Feb 2014 09:54

I might be up for it if there's a big group riding at a pace I can handle, as on the Weston Run. But I'm reluctant to commit this far ahead.