Beacon Ladies - Women's representitive on the Committee

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

Kezzamundo

Beacon Ladies - Women's representitive on the Committee

Post by Kezzamundo » 21 Apr 2015 11:01

Good afternoon ladies,

I know that I have met some of you already, but for those who I haven’t met, my name is Keri Harris and I am the new women’s representative on the Beacon Committee. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you have my contact details in case you need to get in touch with me about anything, or would like me to bring up any issues or concerns at the next committee meeting.

I can be contacted by email at kerijharris@mac.com or on 07989 541065

I am also on Facebook and am in the Beacon group if you want to find me on there. You can also use the Beacon message board too.

I have been asked to remind those of you who like a bit of competitive riding that the Beacon Janet Kelly Memorial 10 is happening on Saturday 16th May. Details as as follows:

Beacon RCC Janet Kelly Memorial 10

Sat 16th May 2015 K33/10D

Beacon RCC has promoted an open ten-mile time trial nearly every year since 1978. The event is organised as a memorial to Janet Kelly, sadly killed whilst participating in the sport she loved so much. A trophy in Janet's name is awarded to the fastest woman. Previous winners have included the legendary Beryl Burton and the Beacon's own multiple national champion, Ruth Eyles.

In conjunction with the Ladies Trophy there are prizes down to sixth place in both mens and ladies events as well as vets and best improved.

Online entry via CTT web site.

There are lots of ladies trophies up for grabs and it would be nice to have some Beacon ladies win them.

If you’ve never ridden a time trial before and would like to start, there are novice events happening with Midland Novice Time Trials. Everyone of all abilities welcome.

All information is at http://www.mntts.org.uk/

For a more relaxed, non-competitive ride, Daisy Chain organise events for women only. They have a few sportives this year and information can be found at http://www.daisychainbikeevents.co.uk/ I rode a couple of these last year and they were really friendly and well organised. I can highly recommend them.

I will try and find out lots of different events happening aimed at women and please feel free to contact me if you hear of anything you think might be of interest.

I look forward to meeting you all,

Keri