Beacon LMTT review

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

Yosser

Beacon LMTT review

Post by Yosser » 01 May 2015 18:34

Not sure that there can be anyone not aware of this prestigious event but just a little bit of feedback.
Event was a roaring success with riders, spectators and organisers in agreement on how well it went.

Eg this link;
http://cyclinguphill.com/beacon-r-c-mou ... rial-2015/

Also had invaluable feedback from the Keith Lawton who is paid by the RTTC to attend and assist at the National Time Trial Series and other major events. Quote; "I would put this event in the top ten of events I have ever been to, and I include national Championships in that".
High praise and well justified. Well done to John Hitchcok and ALL the club helpers of this highly organised event.

Dave H

Oscar

Post by Oscar » 01 May 2015 20:40

Cycling Weekly. Bottrills classic victory. Ex postman Matt smashes Worcestershire course record. We do all he work and never got a mention. Disgusting.

Patch

Post by Patch » 02 May 2015 07:54

Cycling weekly a shadow of its former self. Can't be bothered to read it any more.
Patch

George

Post by George » 02 May 2015 10:52

Patch wrote:Cycling weekly a shadow of its former self. Can't be bothered to read it any more.
Ditto.
90% of content is just thinly veiled advertising or a hook on which to hang advertising. And most is apparently written by pimply twats interested mainly in getting their own photos in the magazine and/or getting to test nice bikes in exotic places.

snailmale

Post by snailmale » 02 May 2015 12:29

I haven't bought Cycling Weekly for years, although I thumb through it in Tesco's whiloe the Missis is shopping. I shall now stop thumbing altogether and thumb through Private Eye instead. I hope CW can live with that.
It is better to be interesting rather than exact

Scratch

Post by Scratch » 05 May 2015 18:21

Went to WH Smiths this morning, all excited to see an expected full page coverage for the club and the Little Mountain TT. I was gutted, though I still brought a copy, not a single mention of the Beacon and even the photo was a different event.

As a result I have emailed Snowdon Sports the company who collects the information and write the news articles for Cycling Weekly, expressing my displeasure and asking for some comment from themselves. I am now waiting for their reply. Failing any reasonable explanation or apology my next communication will be to Keith Lawton of the CTT.

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 12 May 2015 15:15

Good for you John. They seem to overdose on commercial Sportives and apart from the features on a local club each week ignore the foundations of the sport entirely.