Help required for Beacon/Clee Cycles SSSCCRRL round 16 July

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

laurence_cooley

Help required for Beacon/Clee Cycles SSSCCRRL round 16 July

Post by laurence_cooley » 06 Jul 2015 14:29

It's our turn to organise the weekly SSSCCRRL race next Thursday, 16 July. We're organising it jointly with Clee Cycles, as we did last year, although this year it's on the Bridgnorth circuit. The race starts at 19:00. Those of us who have been racing in the league this year are obliged by the league's rules to help organise this round, but if anyone else is willing and able to help out and can get to Bridgnorth by 18:30 at the latest, that would be much appreciated. There's probably scope for lift-sharing, if you don't have transport.

At a minimum, between the two clubs, we need five cars with drivers, 16 marshals and two people to deal with signing on. We've agreed with Clee that they will do the signing on and provide marshals if we can supply cars and drivers, but they've asked if we have any spare marshals, so if you want to help but can't or don't want to drive, don't hold back.

So far, the following people have said they can help:

Laurence Cooley
Gary Mac (car)
Gareth Scott (car)
Stuart White (car)
James Tate (car)
Martin McGowan (car)
John Hunt (first aid car)

Could anyone else willing to help please post here, indicating whether they are able to drive a car in the race convoy?
Last edited by laurence_cooley on 14 Jul 2015 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

StuartWhite

Post by StuartWhite » 07 Jul 2015 12:49

If anybody wants to ride over and marshal, I can give 2 people and their bikes a lift back afterwards.

Nice little Thursday night ride over to Bridgnorth sound good right?
Cheers,

Stu

It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Strava - http://www.strava.com/athletes/white_stuart
Facebook - Barry Fight - www.facebook.com/barry.fight
Email - Stulottie@gmail.com
Text/Whatsapp - 07929 612359

George

Post by George » 07 Jul 2015 14:33

Having been unable to help at Stourport and being away for the road race, I feel bad about declining again, Laurence, but I fear that I will have to. The event is only hours after I arrive home from France, and I think that it would be unwise to commit myself to going straight off to Bridgnorth.

martin mc

Post by martin mc » 07 Jul 2015 15:05

I can help next thursday Laurence. I'll drive there so will have car to drive around or can help marshalling.

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 14 Jul 2015 21:58

Thanks Martin, and no worries George. We now have enough drivers, but if anyone else is able to make it to Bridgnorth on Thursday to help marshal, the more the better. Clee Cycles should have enough people to cover the event, but it would be good if we could help them out a bit with a few additional marshals.