Christmas (NOT) at the Dodford

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

Jane Herrin

Christmas (NOT) at the Dodford

Post by Jane Herrin » 22 Nov 2015 16:24

Pretty much since the Beacon was founded, in the last century, it has be customary for the club, along with members of other local clubs, to descend on a local inn on the last Sunday before Christmas and get as trollied as funds allow.
For some years now the chosen venue has been the Dodford Inn where we have been made very welcome. However recently the pub has been extensively and expensively refurbished. The 1960s style wallpaper and slightly adhesive beer soaked carpets have vanished to be replaced with snowy white walls and a gleaming hardwood floor.
Although the new owner was prepared to consider the prospect of perhaps fifty or more cyclists descending on his establishment, it's not too difficult to imagine the effect that a mass of soggy, probably muddy, bikies all with wonderfully scratchy cleats would have on the immaculate new interior.
So, maybe for one year only, it has been decided to relocate the Christmas celebration to the Swan at Chaddesley Corbett which claims to be cyclist friendly and where we are promised a warm welcome.

So roll up, with well filled wallets and healthy thirsts, to the Swan at Chaddesley Corbett around midday on Sunday 20 December. See you there.

slogfester

Post by slogfester » 06 Dec 2015 04:31

Having been practically born in the Swan at CC and it still being my local, I can assure you that the décor is definitely cleat friendly. Indeed, you may need to check that the bolts on your cleats are tight as they might get ripped out sticking to the carpet!
Enjoy the finest ale in the land.
Blah, I'm feeling homesick :cry:
Belt up, we're going for a ride

Yosser

Post by Yosser » 11 Dec 2015 14:02

Don't worry Barry, I will have one (or 2) for you, just so you don't feel left out. Must be hell for you in that land of non drinkers.