SUNRISE AND SNOWDROP EXPRESS 2017

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

Philip Whiteman

SUNRISE AND SNOWDROP EXPRESS 2017

Post by Philip Whiteman » 28 Sep 2016 10:35

SUNRISE & SNOWDROP EXPRESS: Entries open on 1st October.

NOW FULL, SORRY

Riding an Audax event is about riding with like-minded people. You�ll make friends on the road and encourage each other to keep moving. This popular annual event attracts over 260 entrants annually and usually fills up within weeks of opening.

So join us on 25th February 2017. Taking mostly lanes, this 120km jaunt starts from Hartlebury in north Worcestershire and takes a circuit around the Vale of Evesham and back.

The fastest riders will attempt to use it as a reliability ride ahead of the next season, but many will seek to ride the route for sociability and good cafe chats.

We don't charge exorbitant sportive rates as the event is non-profit
making. All we want to see is everyone having a great day out.

�8 for AUK /CTC/BC Gold and Silver members; �10 others.

http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/audax/express/
Last edited by Philip Whiteman on 28 Feb 2017 14:14, edited 7 times in total.

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 06 Feb 2017 17:03

ROUTE SHEETS, PARKING INSTRUCTIONS AND GPS LINKS ARE NOW POSTED ON THE BEACON WEBSITE:

http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/audax/express/routes.html

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 16 Feb 2017 20:10

FIRE AT RAPHAELS

Unfortunately, our control at Raphaels Restaurant in Evesham was badly damaged by fire yesterday. This means alternative arrangements will have to made. If we manage to find an alternative venue at short notice, otherwise Evesham will be declared a 'free control' whereby riders are required to obtain a receipt as proof of passage.

I will keep riders posted.

Clearly, we wish Raphaels all the best and hope they manage to reopen soon. Initial indications suggest that it is unlikely until the summer.

Regards

Philip Whiteman

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 17 Feb 2017 12:10

Oh that is really sad. Let's hope they recover OK they've survived floods in the past.

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 25 Feb 2017 21:33

Many thanks for an excellent Snowdrop to Phil and all the helpers. Really enjoyed my ride.

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 26 Feb 2017 08:03

Forgot to thank Phil for the Morris Men Welcome in Upton and the heady mix of free bananas for cyclists and expensive but very early local asparagus at the Hampton Farm Shop!

Si_Walker

Post by Si_Walker » 26 Feb 2017 18:16

Phillip, thanks again for the excellent organisation and thanks to the people who who put in the time and effort provided at the controls to make for a smooth running event. A great day out on the bike with good company in all directions.
Si Walker
Beacon Roads Cycling Club

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 27 Feb 2017 09:06

yes, a big thank you to Lord Whiteman and all the helpers for another perfectly well-run audax. I am supposedly running this Beacon event next year, and although I'm quite looking forward to it, following Phil is a bit like following Sir Alex Ferguson into Man Utd...and we all know what happened there.

Anyway, You'll hear a lot more from me on the 2018 version later this year, and obviously I'll be very glad if you continue to support the event by participating and/or volunteering.

Thanks again, Philip for your excellent leadership of this event over the last few years. Big shoes.