Track Cycling Sessions January to April

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 05 Dec 2016 17:47

Payments received since I last sent Tim an update:

I Taylor
G Ravenscroft
H Jamieson
M Hale
R Kirkham
C Clegg

Edit - and P Marshall was on the last list I sent.
Eat cake before you're hungry

John

Post by John » 06 Dec 2016 08:46

Just paid.

Tim

Post by Tim » 06 Dec 2016 09:38

The January session is now fully paid up. Dave and Matt get your payment in asap :D

Pete Marshall is going to a first accreditation session on Monday if anyone else is interested.
Please like and follow Beacon Cycling Academy https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-C ... 6499863667

GavPass

Post by GavPass » 03 Jan 2017 10:15

Hi Tim, did you manage to get anything booked at Halesowen? Just sorting out my diary for the new year

Tim

Post by Tim » 03 Jan 2017 14:55

No, thought you or Pete or Adrian were going to look into that :) Although thinking about it, think Pete or it might have been Adrian said the chap was away when he'd enquired.
Please like and follow Beacon Cycling Academy https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-C ... 6499863667

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 03 Jan 2017 17:39

I should be meeting with the Halesowen head coach in the next couple of weeks and will have an informal chat about areas were both clubs can pool some resources coaching wise.
As far as booking a general uncoached session for us this can be done online. It may be best through yourself Tim.
http://www.halesowencycling.net/track-hire

IanT

Post by IanT » 05 Jan 2017 21:41

Not sure if everyone has travel sorted for Saturday but thought I'd mention that if anyone needs a lift I should have space in my car.

Tim

Post by Tim » 06 Jan 2017 14:54

Cheers Ian. There's been a discussion in Facebook land about lifts, if you want to avoid driving John Hunt may be able to get you in or Adrian Ravenscroft they are giving some others lifts too, I'm getting a lift with Gavin. Plus there's a Bearwood car too!

Remember people it's look keo cleats if you are hiring a bike and want to use own shoes.

Can we all get there nice and early especially if hiring a bike as think majority of us are so will take a good 40-50 mins to sort. Several of the group are total novices so don't worry if you are in that boat you will be fine and will love it!

Thanks everyone for paying. Once tomorrow is done we will then open booking to the 25th March date first come first served but if oversubscribed then priority going to those who couldn't make tomorrow then novices (so people new to it tomorrow who want another session) then those racing track this season.

Could someone else lead with arranging the Halesowen dates? Derby has exhausted me! Adrian or Gav? Think we want four 3 hour sessions in March and April on Saturday or Sunday afternoons, could do first hour youth coaching and racing all freewheel then adults as training session for two hours rather than coached or perhaps some coached with Pete or Gav leading. Proposed dates from me would be

Sat 4th March.
Sunday 26th March
Saturday 1St April
Saturday 29th April

These are dates I can do. But know Derby session on 25th March so maybe forget that and just do three? Friday night track league starts beginning of may I believe.

Other things to ask are: can the April dates be an accreditation for track league session too? which requires their coach to attend and can their hire bikes be available at every session?

Need a few sessions and two accreditation as some dates could be rained off.

Thanks

JessRJ

Post by JessRJ » 07 Jan 2017 23:24

Thank you very much for organising tonight Tim, it was wicked :) if there is still space on the next one in March after anyone who wasn't here tonight is in, could I put Xav The Human Derny and me down on the list :)

Hels147

Post by Hels147 » 07 Jan 2017 23:58

Can I go on the March list too? :lol:
If you’re all about the destination, take a f#€king flight!

Tim

Post by Tim » 08 Jan 2017 00:34

Yes anyone who wants to do the March date put your name down here whether you were there tonight or not. We will then confirm who can or can't ride asap and how much and when to pay. We've paid deposit already but will need payments in early Feb. As Gav and Pete are coaching it would be good if majority of tonight's group could make it as they then know all riders. We may have to stipulate all riders have done at least one previous track session but depends on numbers and who can ride from tonight etc.

As tonight was such a success and I'm sure you will all be recommending it to everyone in the club, I will probably look to book more sessions maybe one in June and one in October or something like that if people would like me to. Then have the Halesowen sessions and track league there too.

I'd forgotten how great track is and how useful it is at improving pacing skills, looking over shoulders before moving, pedalling technique, communication etc. skills that really benefit you in any other group riding or racing.

Massive well done to all the novice riders tonight Carolyn, Helen, Matt, Matt, Robin, James and John. From novice to Keirin racers in two hours! :-)

Tim

Post by Tim » 08 Jan 2017 00:36

Adrian is going to try and book the Halesowen sessions but if anyone wants more or different dates than I've proposed then let Adrian know.

IanT

Post by IanT » 08 Jan 2017 08:39

Thanks for organising Tim, that was a brilliant session. Please put my name down for the March date.

Ian

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 08 Jan 2017 08:41

I think the sessions at Derby will work best if all riders have at least ridden fixed before, perhaps at Halesowen. This will allow for two groups as we had last night interchanging between me and Gav, so we get a ride as well as coaching. But it's not essential as most competent club riders pick up the basics pretty quick as was shown last night.
Those thinking of doing the accreditation the first couple of sessions are much like last nights session, although on my first session there were lots of newbies who didn't pick it up anywhere near as quickly as you lot making it a hairy experience.😱
Hopefully we can get some sessions at Halesowen off the ground, don't require a coach just at least one first aider.

keith

Post by keith » 08 Jan 2017 17:16

Can I put my name down for the next Derby session please if there is room
Ta

Matt Hale

Post by Matt Hale » 09 Jan 2017 00:05

Thanks for organising the session Tim, loved it! Please put me down for the next session

carolyn

Post by carolyn » 09 Jan 2017 07:53

Can you put me down for the March session please

John

Post by John » 09 Jan 2017 08:05

carolyn wrote:Can you put me down for the March session please
Me tooooooo

rob64

Post by rob64 » 09 Jan 2017 10:02

Please put me down for March date as well. It was a brilliant night on Saturday. Thanks again everyone involved.

StuartWhite

Post by StuartWhite » 09 Jan 2017 10:05

I'm up for March, sign me up.
I will stand aside should this become over subscribed by folk who are looking to gain more experience.

Wicked session, thanks to all involved in organising and participating.
Cheers,

Stu

It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Strava - http://www.strava.com/athletes/white_stuart
Facebook - Barry Fight - www.facebook.com/barry.fight
Email - Stulottie@gmail.com
Text/Whatsapp - 07929 612359

Cleggy

Post by Cleggy » 09 Jan 2017 10:39

Still buzzing over how much fun Saturday night was, think my parents are getting rather bored of velodrome talk... :P Could I be put down for the March session also please?? :)

Ryan_Evanson

Post by Ryan_Evanson » 09 Jan 2017 12:08

Put me down for the march session please :)

Andy W

Track

Post by Andy W » 09 Jan 2017 14:43

Put my name to for the 25 of march
Last edited by Andy W on 09 Jan 2017 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

Yosser

Post by Yosser » 09 Jan 2017 14:52

Same as Stuart, put me down for March but will stand aside for any newbies that want to try. I always try to encourage everyone to have a go at many different disciplines of the sport and you might just find an aspect that ticks your boxes. Racing anyone?

andrew clayton

Track session

Post by andrew clayton » 09 Jan 2017 16:33

Put my name forward for the March session please.

andrew clayton

Post by andrew clayton » 09 Jan 2017 16:38

Yosser wrote:Same as Stuart, put me down for March but will stand aside for any newbies that want to try. I always try to encourage everyone to have a go at many different disciplines of the sport and you might just find an aspect that ticks your boxes. Racing anyone?
Dave, I have signed up to the lvrc track league...it runs fortnightly throughout the year. First races are on Thursday (it is sold out) but there are spaces left on the upcoming nights at in February. Get yourself on the lvrc rider hq to check out the racing schedule.

Tim

Post by Tim » 09 Jan 2017 17:38

So everyone enjoyed it then? :D

Let's get this crazy over subscribed, Adrian the Track Captain is working on booking sessions at Halesowen and I will book more at Derby so any who miss out on the March session has more options

Tim

Post by Tim » 10 Jan 2017 13:47

People who want a place :

Me
Gavin Passmore
Pete Marshall
Alan Weaver
Jess Rhodes-Jones
Xavier Disley
Adrian Ravenscroft
Dave Hughes
Helen Jamieson
Ian Taylor
Keith Adcock
Matthew Hale
Carolyn Clegg
John Hunt
Robin Kirkham
Stuart White
Matt Clegg
James Graemer
Ryan Evenson
Andy Wrightson
Andy Wright (unless you are Andy Wrightson?!)
Andrew Clayton

Wow! 22! The list isn't in any particular order. So it may be not everyone can attend but will discuss with Pete and Gavin as what Coach says goes! Will communicate extra dates at Derby and Halesowen asap once booked.

If you want to come and not on this list please reply asap, if you are and don't want to be also reply asap so I can remove you. The cost for this date is c£22 each tbc. To be paid via PayPal or bank transfer by 1st February so I will confirm rider list and amount asap Bike hire is £12something paid there, touch more with shoes.

Yosser

Post by Yosser » 10 Jan 2017 17:47

Hi Andrew, just what I was looking at. May be a little crazy at my age but looks like good fun. As the Dr Pepper ad said, "what's the worst that can happen". Besides which I've bought the bike now! Just going to negotiate with Derby re how much accreditation needed.

Off down the gym to pump massive amounts of iron, it's what we track men do. "Get that protein in the fridge Anne, I'm going track racin..."

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 10 Jan 2017 21:39

The first LVRC Derby track league is this Thursday and every Thursday for the winter
https://www.riderhq.com/events/71681/lv ... -event-1-0
Anyone there?

Andyscole

Post by Andyscole » 10 Jan 2017 22:22

Hi Tim, I wouldn't mind coming along and being the 4th Andy. Know I'm late (and rarely show my face) but add me to the list please whether this time or the next. Got a session under my belt and another next month so be fun with you guys😀.

Cheers

Yosser

Post by Yosser » 11 Jan 2017 00:05

Looking at those numbers, I happily recind my place for a newbie. Enjoy.

Tim

Post by Tim » 11 Jan 2017 06:48

Hold fire on that kind thought for the moment Dave just because Gav and Pete are going to look at it, it's their first proper coaching session on an indoor track after qualifying so they may want some experienced riders there in the mix. But yes may be that we ask if yourself and Stuart to step aside. Will discuss with Pete and Gavin and confirm within the next week. Also as yourself and Stuart actually are representing the club racing track personally I think giving you an extra track training session makes sense and the less experienced benefit from having you there.

Cheers

Tim

Post by Tim » 11 Jan 2017 09:11

Confirmed places for March Derby session.

Me
Gavin Passmore (coach)
Alan Weaver
Jess Rhodes-Jones
Xavier Disley
Adrian Ravenscroft
Dave Hughes
Ian Taylor
Stuart White
Andrew Clayton
Pete Marshall (coach)
Matthew Hale
John Hunt
Robin Kirkham
Matt Clegg
James Graemer
Carolyn Clegg
Keith Adcock
Helen Jamieson
Ryan Evenson
Andy Wright / Wrightson (same person I've been told?!)
Andy Cole

It would be good to have one or two on reserve list if any drop out.

Please let me know if I've missed you!!!

Massive thanks to Pete and Gavin who are giving up their time to do the track coaching course which enables us to add extra people to the session as have two coaches there. You will be split into two groups of 11 so half of the two hours is recovery time in between activities, which I can tell you is needed! If hiring bike and shoes you will need to arrive at 6.30 if not 6.15. Otherwise please everyone get there for 6.40 to ensure ready and gives chance for coaches to brief you so we maximise track time.

If possible can you all try to get down to the social night at British Oak Stirchley tomorrow 7.30-11pm so we can celebrate this explosion of interest in track but I will also be recruiting a cyclocross team for races on 29th January in Birmingham! Jessica the Time Trial Captain will be there too so all disciplines catered for! FYI The kitchen at the pub is closed tomorrow for training but plenty of kebab and pizza places in vicinity.

Will confirm cost for Derby in next few days.

andrew clayton

Post by andrew clayton » 11 Jan 2017 09:36

Yosser wrote:Hi Andrew, just what I was looking at. May be a little crazy at my age but looks like good fun. As the Dr Pepper ad said, "what's the worst that can happen". Besides which I've bought the bike now! Just going to negotiate with Derby re how much accreditation needed.

Off down the gym to pump massive amounts of iron, it's what we track men do. "Get that protein in the fridge Anne, I'm going track racin..."
Dave I was able to negotiate skipping a couple of the early accreditation sessions at Derby because I'd evidenced that I'd previously ridden track sessions, albeit elsewhere... The coaches at Derby are pretty pragmatic so I'd certainly explore it.

GavPass

Post by GavPass » 11 Jan 2017 12:43

For anyone that hasn't ridden on the track or ridden a fixed wheel bike can you let Pete or I know.

For info the riders in the novice group from saturday would've ticked off Level 1 of their accreditation + a bit more as they did so well. I'll be looking to build onto the progress so far, and can quite easily create opportunities for hard efforts as well as drills that improve track skills.

Tim

Post by Tim » 11 Jan 2017 14:55

Yes. Every rider in novice group from last Saturday has been signed off as level 1 accreditation complete, I need to email someone to get this put on Derby database but means if you want to get accreditation you don't need to do level 1, just 2 3 and 4.

Hels147

Post by Hels147 » 11 Jan 2017 16:06

Tim wrote:Yes. Every rider in novice group from last Saturday has been signed off as level 1 accreditation complete, I need to email someone to get this put on Derby database but means if you want to get accreditation you don't need to do level 1, just 2 3 and 4.
That's fantastic news Tim!

Yosser

Post by Yosser » 11 Jan 2017 17:57

OK Tim, happy to go or not, to suit the group needs. Obviously need clarification closer to the date. Happy to assist with the session in whatever way the coaches see fit.

Andrew I am currently in discussion with the Arena / coaches re exemptions. Simon was impressed so I shall see what happens!

Tim

Post by Tim » 11 Jan 2017 19:35

Dave you are in, you are going!

Yosser

Post by Yosser » 13 Jan 2017 15:19

Cheers Tim. Look fwd to it.

Yosser

Track bike

Post by Yosser » 14 Jan 2017 16:28

Dave,
Is this another bike you have bought!!
I saw you taking it out of the loft- is this where you hide everything you don't want me to see?
Do other wives/ partners have the same problem?
Anne

andrew clayton

Re: Track bike

Post by andrew clayton » 14 Jan 2017 21:53

Yosser wrote:Dave,
Is this another bike you have bought!!
I saw you taking it out of the loft- is this where you hide everything you don't want me to see?
Do other wives/ partners have the same problem?
Anne
Read my wife's Sunday Soapbox on the Sette page Dave... I've developed a myriad of deceitful ways to hide purchases (Inc complete bikes) over the years....all of which have been busted!

Yosser

Post by Yosser » 15 Jan 2017 08:48

Too late this time Andrew, I'm grounded. Give my apologies to everyone at the track league next meet.
Anyone want to buy a almost brand new track bike?

Tim

Post by Tim » 25 Jan 2017 15:24

Payment of £13.80 each is now due to everyone listed below for the session on Saturday 25th March 7-9pm. Please be inside and ready to ride at 6.45 for coaches briefing, arrive earlier if hiring bike and shoes.

Please pay via PayPal or bank transfer by end of January as I need to pay the balance.

ENSURE YOU SELECT FRIENDS AND FAMILY PAYMENT when making payment via paypal using email treasurer@beaconrcc.org.uk

For bank transfer

BEACON ROADS CYCLING CLUB (Account Number: 01204329),
Lloyds TSB Bank (Sort Code 30-96-12)

Bike and shoe hire can be hired on the night individually, if doing this make sure get there early. Bike Hire is £12.80 for the 2 hours. Shoe hire is £5.90.

Me
Alan Weaver
Jess Rhodes-Jones
Xavier Disley
Adrian Ravenscroft
Dave Hughes
Ian Taylor
Stuart White
Andrew Clayton
Matthew Hale
John Hunt
Robin Kirkham
Matt Clegg
James Graemer
Carolyn Clegg
Keith Adcock
Helen Jamieson
Ryan Evenson
Andy Wright / Wrightson (whats correct name?)
Andy Cole

There is a good chance one or two could drop out due to something coming up or illness or injury so it would be good to have one or two on a reserve list so please let me know if you would like to be on it so I can fill any spots easily. Adrian has sent a booking form to Halesowen too for a few dates in March and April. TBC soon we hope.

Ryan_Evanson

Post by Ryan_Evanson » 25 Jan 2017 18:16

payed via paypal :)

Tim

Post by Tim » 25 Jan 2017 21:49

Thanks Ryan. Actually does help me and Steve if you say 'Paid' as tracking 20 payments is a bit of a pain. Cheers

IanT

Post by IanT » 25 Jan 2017 22:42

Paid via PayPal

Hels147

Post by Hels147 » 25 Jan 2017 23:31

Paid by paypal

carolyn

Post by carolyn » 26 Jan 2017 22:25

I've just paid via PayPal :D