Beacon Track Championships Sat 1st July at Halesowen

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

Tim

Beacon Track Championships Sat 1st July at Halesowen

Post by Tim » 26 Apr 2017 19:27

Charles is kindly running this great event again. I am helping with promotion and with the children's races on the day. It is one of the few events where all ages of the club can come together on a single afternoon to compete or support from age 5 upwards.

The date is currently provisional (pending track availability) with a back up date of Saturday 9th September if it is rained off.

The time I expect will be 1-5pm TBC and no cost, just track bike hire for adults £5. All children will race on freewheel bikes, ages 5-15 welcome.

I understand there may be some members that can't attend (due to racing or holiday etc) but this is looking like would be the case with any date we choose. Any big objections to the date or the back up date do let me know though.

We also need someone to step forward, or a couple of people to step forward, to run it next year as Charles moved away a few years ago but has kindly continued to run it. Please let me know if interested as you could have a bit of involvement in this years so can see what's involved.

We have a track session at Halesowen this coming Saturday children 1.40-3 and adults 3-5 for anyone who wants to get a taste of the track ahead of this or just come along to watch.

On the day of the championships, children will take part in 3 or 4 races in between the adult races, all of which will be handicapped (younger riders get a head start etc.) giving all ages and abilities a chance of silverware and more racing experience. For the adults there will be sprint, individual time trial and scratch races to take part in, you can do all or choose certain ones.

Any questions please shout.
Please like and follow Beacon Cycling Academy https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-C ... 6499863667

Matt Hale

Post by Matt Hale » 26 Apr 2017 19:40

Thanks for the info Tim,

Can I just check the age limit for the juniors (for this weekends session and also for the track champs)?

cheers

Matt

Tim

Post by Tim » 26 Apr 2017 21:56

As we only have a couple of members currently over ten any age 5-15 are welcome, but they'll have to cycle much further at the champs! Fine for Saturday. From next year we will have to look at providing some fixed wheel experience for the over tens. If there's any over tens this year who want to do track league then joining Halesowen as a second claim member and using their hire bikes to join their fixed wheel coached sessions is an option and their coach offered that.
Please like and follow Beacon Cycling Academy https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-C ... 6499863667

Matt Hale

Post by Matt Hale » 27 Apr 2017 21:59

Great, thanks Tim...see you Saturday