Go Ride No Frills cyclocross racing Saturday 16th

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

Tim

Go Ride No Frills cyclocross racing Saturday 16th

Post by Tim » 10 Sep 2017 22:41

All ages and abilities welcome. If you can lend a hand with course building, sign in or marshalling please let me know. Details here:

https://m.facebook.com/events/159432259 ... 7D&aref=98
Please like and follow Beacon Cycling Academy https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-C ... 6499863667

Tim

Re: Go Ride No Frills cyclocross racing Saturday 16th

Post by Tim » 19 Sep 2017 13:25

Thanks to the helpers. We didn’t have a single grown up turn up but with big turnout the next day at the cyclocross league and with the hillclimb the next day too not a surprise.

We had 11 children aged 4-13 and all seemed to have a great time. Two took part in the WMCCL the next day in Henley and both raced great, a boy aged six in the under 8s and the first girl from the Academy to take part in the cyclocross league, she's 9 and finished 5th out of 9 girls and the results showed she was getting a bit faster each lap. They joined my two boys in the same races. Oliver aged six who's raced the first two rounds unfortunately couldn't make it this week.

Congratulations to Italian Pursuit Director Sportif Adrian Ravenscroft defeating his cyclocross rivals team and fellow DS Pete Marshall in the 5 lap Italian Pursuit on Saturday at the go ride racing. Italian Pursuit with children aged from 4 upwards works surprisingly well!

Also congratulations to Billy Vipond setting the Rowheath 1 lap cx course record in the TT in a time of 1min13.

I am going to hopefully run another go ride afternoon in late November again a Saturday afternoon. They are dead easy to do, really rewarding so if anyone else wants to run one at any time let me know.

I am also going to try and promote the cx league date at Shelsley Walsh in a fortnight with Academy members, we've had 5 different Academy members racing in the league this year and all have seemed to really enjoy so would be great to boost that number up further. Such a great venue maybe we can get lots of adults racing there too?
Please like and follow Beacon Cycling Academy https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-C ... 6499863667

petemarshall

Re: Go Ride No Frills cyclocross racing Saturday 16th

Post by petemarshall » 19 Sep 2017 14:42

It was great and so rewarding to see kids coming through our academy to race. I look forward to the next one and particularly hope we can do a Santa race like last year in the run up to Xmas.
I'm leaving the country, for the delights of Wales, in order to avoid the horror of my local road this weekend, so won't be at the CX. I will be back for Shelsey Walsh and hope to join a massive Beacon team there😎

And Ade only beat me because you fixed the team selection Tim😈