Kit evening, Rowheath Pavilion, 20:00, 20th March

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

laurence_cooley

Kit evening, Rowheath Pavilion, 20:00, 20th March

Post by laurence_cooley » 09 Mar 2018 19:27

Bodhi have now made some revisions to the club kit, following feedback on the first order we placed with them last year. The updated kit will be available to order from the Bodhi website shortly. To help people decide what to order and in which size, the committee agreed this week to organise a kit evening at Rowheath Pavilion for 20th March, where sample items will be available to try on. A representative from Bodhi will also be there to answer your questions and take orders should you wish to place them in person rather than online (TBC).

The kit evening will be held in the downstairs meeting room starting at 20:00, but the bar will also be open and this would be a good opportunity to meet up and discuss racing or other cycling plans for the coming spring.

George

Re: Kit evening, Rowheath Pavilion, 20:00, 20th March

Post by George » 11 Mar 2018 18:10

Laurence, will Bodhi be offering a full range of clothing products in Beacon colours, and will that full range be available to inspect?

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 12 Mar 2018 16:41

George wrote:
11 Mar 2018 18:10
Laurence, will Bodhi be offering a full range of clothing products in Beacon colours, and will that full range be available to inspect?
It depends on what you mean by full range. I'm not sure whether we will be able to select from the entire range (for example, there are three different ranges of bibshorts, but to save splitting the orders across the three, I think the choice might be limited to a specific range or two so that we get better prices), but we will be able to order a range of different items including shorts, jerseys, skinsuits, etc. I don't think they'll have samples in Beacon colours of every item in each size, but you will be able to see the final design and to try on samples of different sizes in a generic kit design.

That said, Dave Cole knows more than me about this.

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 12 Mar 2018 19:56

The chap from Bodhi recommended just offering the least expensive shorts which given they had the same pad as the more expensive ones seemed to make sense. If any order is split across different types of shorts it'll just make them all more expensive. Anyway, I guess if folks have a preference for specific shorts they'll happily buy plain black from their favourite manufacturer anyway. He recognised the need to offer different jerseys for racing and more relaxed fits / thicker material so as Laurence says there should be 3 options.

In the past things have sometimes become over-complicated with so many different options so it seemed like a good idea to keep it simple and offer a choice of 3 jerseys, shorts and skinsuits.

In case anybody is thinking they don't need to buy at this opportunity because they'll be able to buy whenever they want, that's not how it works. Taking individual orders at any time would make the unit prices higher so the compromise is they work out a price based on estimated volume, take orders on the night and then leave online orders open until an agreed date. Then orders are closed and they manufacture & deliver. When sufficient demand has built up we ask them to open orders again for the next bulk order. They'll be flexible and are happy to do more than 2 orders per year but we thought would suffice anyway given they do offer a discounted crash replacement service throughout the year.
Eat cake before you're hungry

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 12 Mar 2018 20:24

Also note that there is no change in the design of the kit from the Giadanno jersey, you can therefore continue to race in both"old" and"new" kit. You cannot race in BC registered events in the black kit.
There is still stock of the old kit available for purchase.

David Cole

Post by David Cole » 13 Mar 2018 12:04

Also
Even if you are not buying kit at present, but may want to order stuff later, it would be a good idea to come along and check out the sizes and see the different types of jerseys available

Dave
David Cole

Beacon Roads Cycling Club

George

Post by George » 13 Mar 2018 13:54

Thanks for the info.

My original question was prompted by the fact that my existing Giordana kit has plenty of life left in it, so I am unlikely to want any racing-style kit in the near future. If basic s/s racing-style jersey and shorts was all that was going to be on show, the incentive for me making the trip would be relatively small.

I'll be there if working commitments on the day allow.

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 14 Mar 2018 20:30

Here's an approximate list of existing stock. This doesn't include the stock that was at the AGM (but not sold that evening) so there will be some additional items / sizes on top of these. I'm also not absolutely sure about the Bodhi / Giordana mix, some that I've put Giordana might actually be Bodhi. Please contact Stuart White for any of this:

Qty
1 Black CX short sleeved jersey full zip medium / small
2 Black CX short sleeved jersey full zip medium
1 Black CX short sleeved jersey full zip XL
3 Black CX short sleeved jersey full zip XXXL
2 Black CX Wind vest Gilet XXL
1 Retro Bodhi short sleeved jersey full zip small
1 Retro Bodhi short sleeved jersey full zip XL
1 Retro Giordana short sleeved jersey full zip Medium
1 Retro Giordana short sleeved jersey full zip Large
1 Retro Giordana short sleeved jersey full zip XL
1 Retro Giordana short sleeved jersey short zip XXL
1 Retro Giordana Gilet medium
1 Retro Giordana Gilet Large
2 Retro Giordana Gilet XL
1 Womens bib shorts Small
1 Bib shorts XXL
2 Bib tights XXXL
2 Leg warmers XXL
1 Arm warmers XL
2 Arm warmers XXL
1 Undergloves Medium
1 Undergloves Large
4 Undergloves XL
1 Winter gloves 5 fingers XL
3 Winter gloves lobster XL
2 Track mitts XL
2 Shoe covers 42-43
2 Shoe covers 44-45
2 Shoe covers 46-47

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 15 Mar 2018 23:59

A little concerned that the web address given by the salesman at the committee meeting as where we could view our kit
https://www.bodhicycling.com/en/beacon
Returns an error, page not found.
I am hoping the salesman just gave an incorrect address. Could this be checked before the meeting?

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 16 Mar 2018 07:50

Article 7 of T&Cs makes for interesting reading https://www.bodhicycling.com/node/89

ARTICLE 7 EXCHANGE
7.1 If the Buyer has a bicycle accident [NSOM2] during the first two years after the purchase date of the Items, he will receive a discount of fifty percent (50%) on the purchase price of a subsequent purchase via the website. The discount is granted on condition that the Buyer sends the previously purchased items to Bodhi and orders a minimum of 3 something. There is no discount in case of fraud, deliberate error or an attributable shortcoming of the Buyer.

7.2 If the Purchaser, as a result of the many bicycles [NSOM3], has acquired a different clothing size within the first two years after the purchase date of the Items, he will receive a discount of fifty percent (50%) on the purchase price of a subsequent purchase. via the website (jersey downsize deal). There is no discount in case of fraud, deliberate error or an attributable shortcoming of the Buyer.

George

Post by George » 16 Mar 2018 09:33

Philip Whiteman wrote:
16 Mar 2018 07:50
Article 7 of T&Cs makes for interesting reading https://www.bodhicycling.com/node/89

ARTICLE 7 EXCHANGE
7.1 If the Buyer has a bicycle accident [NSOM2] during the first two years after the purchase date of the Items, he will receive a discount of fifty percent (50%) on the purchase price of a subsequent purchase via the website. The discount is granted on condition that the Buyer sends the previously purchased items to Bodhi and orders a minimum of 3 something. There is no discount in case of fraud, deliberate error or an attributable shortcoming of the Buyer.

7.2 If the Purchaser, as a result of the many bicycles [NSOM3], has acquired a different clothing size within the first two years after the purchase date of the Items, he will receive a discount of fifty percent (50%) on the purchase price of a subsequent purchase. via the website (jersey downsize deal). There is no discount in case of fraud, deliberate error or an attributable shortcoming of the Buyer.
Okay, that settles it: I'm going to make every effort to be there on Tuesday. Bodhi clearly need the services of a translator who can write English.

George

Post by George » 19 Mar 2018 21:28

Do we know long Mr/Ms Bodhi will be staying? (Is it important to get there by 8pm prompt?)

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 20 Mar 2018 14:30

petemarshall wrote:
15 Mar 2018 23:59
A little concerned that the web address given by the salesman at the committee meeting as where we could view our kit
https://www.bodhicycling.com/en/beacon
Returns an error, page not found.
I am hoping the salesman just gave an incorrect address. Could this be checked before the meeting?
Apparently that link was the wrong one. Here's the correct version: http://www.bodhicycling.cc/en/team/beacon.

David Cole

Bodhi Team Beacon website

Post by David Cole » 20 Mar 2018 14:31

Here is a link to the Bodhi Team Beacon website

http://www.bodhicycling.cc/en/team/beacon

Hope to see you all this evening

Dave
David Cole

Beacon Roads Cycling Club

George

Post by George » 20 May 2018 22:11

CakeStop wrote:
14 Mar 2018 20:30
Here's an approximate list of existing stock.

1 Retro Giordana Gilet medium
1 Retro Giordana Gilet Large
Steve, at the weekend, Roger Green was asking me about the availability of gilets from stock, so I promised to look into it for him. Are the two items above still in stock? What is the price of a gilet? If Roger wants one, who does he approach?

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 21 May 2018 19:05

I don't think much has been sold recently George but Stuart White is the best person to contact for all club kit matters.

George

Post by George » 22 May 2018 09:12

CakeStop wrote:
21 May 2018 19:05
I don't think much has been sold recently George but Stuart White is the best person to contact for all club kit matters.
Thanks, Steve. Can I reach him using the clothing at beacon mailbox?

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 22 May 2018 21:56

Good point thanks George - I've now redirected that address.