Important: New LMTT organiser sought from 2020

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

laurence_cooley

Important: New LMTT organiser sought from 2020

Post by laurence_cooley » 29 May 2018 20:54

After discussion at the last committee meeting, Dave has asked me to post the following about the LMTT. If anyone is interested in taking this on, or would just like to find out more about what the role entails, please contact Dave at the address below.

LITTLE MOUNTAIN TIME TRIAL ORGANISER SUCCESSION

The Little Mountain Time Trial is a flagship Beacon event, with roots dating back to the original Beacon RCC Mountain TT, which started in 1948. However, the future of this event is in doubt unless we have someone to organise it from 2020 onwards.

John Hitchcock has been organiser of this event for six years now and he wants the LMTT to continue in safe hands, after he steps down from the role - which he would like to do following the 2019 event. John would like someone with enthusiasm for the LMTT to help him run the event in 2019, with a view to taking it over fully in 2020.

John has done an excellent job running the LMTT since taking over the organisation from Ruth Eyles, who herself did much to boost the event's popularity. It would be great to find someone with a similar passion for the event to take it forward. If you think that you might be that person, rest assured that the organiser receives lots of support from volunteers on the day of the event, and that will of course continue.

If you think you would like to take on this role or have any questions about it, please contact Beacon RCC President Dave Cole at daveandann345@btinternet.com.

jdtate101

Re: Important: New LMTT organiser sought from 2020

Post by jdtate101 » 03 Jun 2018 16:04

I'm happy to take this on. Bonus is I'll never have to ride it again 😂. In all seriousness I'd like to get involved as it's a once a year commitment I can do.

David Cole

Re: Important: New LMTT organiser sought from 2020

Post by David Cole » 03 Jun 2018 17:47

Thanks James
That's really good to hear, I will phone you this week to discuss this and what is involved.
I'm sure you would be able to do a very good
Dave
David Cole

Beacon Roads Cycling Club