SUNRISE AND SNOWDROP AUDAXES, 2019

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

WorcsPhil

SUNRISE AND SNOWDROP AUDAXES, 2019

Post by WorcsPhil » 27 Nov 2018 11:31

Hi all,

yes, the first Beacon Audax of 2019 is now less than 3 months away, and we're half full already. Don't forget that this event normally sells out early in the New Year, and if you don't enter, you'll be mandated to spend all day with me helping out at HQ, so get your entries in. We don't have many Beacon entrants to date, as we're all a bit lastminute.com, but I would advise you to log into ingoodtime.com instead.

Entries available on the AUKWEB website.

Inundate me!

laurence_cooley

Re: SUNRISE AND SNOWDROP AUDAXES, 2019

Post by laurence_cooley » 27 Nov 2018 12:08

Phil, I've done a quick update of the content at http://beaconrcc.org.uk/audaxes/sunrise ... p-express/. Could you check that everything is correct there (I presume that the route hasn't changed) and let me know if anything needs changing?

Philip Whiteman

Re: SUNRISE AND SNOWDROP AUDAXES, 2019

Post by Philip Whiteman » 24 Feb 2019 12:04

Well done Phil for arranging a superb audax this year. Also, all the controllers and marshals that enabled the event to happen.

The weather was remarkable and I can never remember riding a Sunrise and Snowdrop audax in such warm conditions. It was my impression that the pace was much faster this year as a result. Certainly the warm sun lifted everyone's mood.

Whilst many Beacon members turned-out, the Stourbridge Cycling Club provided a huge sea of orange and they deserve thanks for entering out event in such large numbers.