2018 AGM short report

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

David Cole

2018 AGM short report

Post by David Cole » 07 Dec 2018 13:22

2018 AGM short report

A very successful AGM yesterday evening (Thurs 6th December). I don't have the numbers who attended but there was certainly a very full house and we managed to fill all of the vacancies on the committee as follows:

President George Barker (new appointment)
Chairman Phil Richards (new appointment)
General secretary Gemma Johnson
Treasurer Steve Smith
Membership secretary Andy Terry (new appointment)
Racing secretary James Tate (new appointment)
Time Trials secretary Martin McGowan
Club Runs secretary Phil Richards ( Phil is prepared to give this post up if someone else wants it)
Academy co-ordinator Adrian Ravenscroft
Women’s representative Carolyn Clegg (new appointment)
Clothing secretary Stuart White
Communications secretary Laurence Cooley
Neil Orchard has agreed to look after the Beacon Trophies

Thanks to everyone who attended and to all those volunteers who help run the Beacon RCC

Dave
David Cole

Beacon Roads Cycling Club

laurence_cooley

Re: 2018 AGM short report

Post by laurence_cooley » 07 Dec 2018 13:24

Just to say a quick thanks from me too to everyone who turned up last night. It was certainly a much better attendance than last year, and I'm pleased that my fears that we were going to be left with a half-empty committee for the coming year turned out to be unfounded!

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 07 Dec 2018 16:59

Yes, good to see such a full room as I had the same fears as Laurence.

A huge thanks to Dave Cole for all he has done in the last seven years as President, and look forward to seeing you actively involved in whatever capacity in the future, Dave. As you can see from the above list, there are a fair few new names/faces on the committee for 2019, and hopefully we have a few ideas on what we can do to grow the club in terms of membership and enjoyment, which we'll share with you in January, after we've had our first meeting.

Until then - happy Christmas and try to get outdoors occasionally, Zwift cannot replicate the full enjoyment of getting wet and cold until you think your fingers will fall off, and surely that's what winter riding is all about. Hopefully see as many Beaconites as possible at the Christmas run to the Swan in Chaddesley Corbett on the 23rd December.

Phil

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 07 Dec 2018 20:00

What an absolutely superb star line up for the new Committee. A big smile from me :)