Sunrise and Snowdrop Audax - Final call for volunteers

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

WorcsPhil

Sunrise and Snowdrop Audax - Final call for volunteers

Post by WorcsPhil » 03 Jan 2019 09:24

We're now only three weeks away from the first Beacon audax of the year, and we're full to bursting, so the audaxes are now closed to entry. I've got a few volunteers to help including Mark Rigby (Audax legend) manning the Upton control, and Helen/Jess for the morning and afternoon slots at HQ respectively, so now just need in order of priority:

- A person (or a couple) to man the control at Raphaels in Evesham...what better way of spending a Saturday in welcoming cyclists and drinking coffee (10am-2pm)
- A person to help Andy Wrightson on car park duty for 30mins at Whitlenge HQ (07:45 - 08:30)
- One person to act as marshall at the junction of Whitlenge and the A442 to ensure we have no crashes at the first junction...5 mins work at 08:30, then again at 09:00. This is ideal for a Snowdrop entrant...then catch them all off as you leave at 09:05
- I have one volunteer for the morning and one for the afternoon, but just need one more preferably for the busy morning period to sit in the warm with me at Whitlenge HQ checking people in at the start and back at the end. This is from 07:30 to 09:00 then 12noon till 16:30, so if you can do one or both of those slots let me know.

If you're up for any of this nonsense, can you message here or text me on 07803 258902.

Thanks

Phil

WorcsPhil

Re: Sunrise and Snowdrop Audax - Final call for volunteers

Post by WorcsPhil » 04 Feb 2019 15:28

We're now only three weeks away from the first Beacon audax of the year, and we're full to bursting, so the audaxes are now closed to entry. I've got a few volunteers to help including Mark Rigby (Audax legend) manning the Upton control, and Helen/Jess for the morning and afternoon slots at HQ respectively, so now just need in order of priority:

- A person (or a couple) to man the control at Raphaels in Evesham...what better way of spending a Saturday in welcoming cyclists and drinking coffee (10am-2pm)
- A person to help Andy Wrightson on car park duty for 30mins at Whitlenge HQ (07:45 - 08:30)
- One person to act as marshall at the junction of Whitlenge and the A442 to ensure we have no crashes at the first junction...5 mins work at 08:30, then again at 09:00. This is ideal for a Snowdrop entrant...then catch them all off as you leave at 09:05
- I have one volunteer for the morning and one for the afternoon, but just need one more preferably for the busy morning period to sit in the warm with me at Whitlenge HQ checking people in at the start and back at the end. This is from 07:30 to 09:00 then 12noon till 16:30, so if you can do one or both of those slots let me know.

If you're up for any of this nonsense, can you message here or text me on 07803 258902.

Thanks

Phil

AdeR

Re: Sunrise and Snowdrop Audax - Final call for volunteers

Post by AdeR » 22 Feb 2019 19:10

I can help if you need it in the morning. Let me know on 07906 179575
Some things actually DO happen that are not on Strava