Invitation to Tuesday training session for some fun racing

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

AdeR

Invitation to Tuesday training session for some fun racing

Post by AdeR » 30 Jun 2019 22:49

Dear Beaconite,
I hope you’re enjoying your riding. I’m writing to extend an invitation to the academy training session this Tuesday evening (6-7). We’ll be practicing racing on the new 400m grass course that’s been laid out at Rowheath playing fields. This will be the venue for the BSCA regional Grass Track Championships we’re hosting later in the month (see programme attached).
In preparation for this event it would be great for me to have a dry run at running an omnium competition – so I thought it might be useful (and fun too) to open up the session to adults so that I can see a wider range of abilities in action. Adults’ and academy races would be run separately.
Cyclo Cross bikes are ideal for the surface as are MTBs. A road bike could be used in dry conditions if the tyre has a clear tread. The events would be: time trial, pursuit, scratch race.
Rowheath Playing fields are at, Heath Road, Bournville, Birmingham B30 1HH and the Grass track is on the Bournville Lane side.
If anyone is available to help out with setting up (from 5) and timing/ judging you’d be very welcome indeed.
Look forward to seeing you.
Best wishes,
Ade
Some things actually DO happen that are not on Strava

petemarshall

Re: Invitation to Tuesday training session for some fun racing

Post by petemarshall » 02 Jul 2019 21:21

Given the problems with the storage containers 😱 it all went well in the end.
Another move in the right direction thanks to Ade 😀
I'm marshaling on the Thursday of the race so sadly can't be there but I'm sure it will be a great success. Be nice for more members to get along to support.

George

Re: Invitation to Tuesday training session for some fun racing

Post by George » 03 Jul 2019 10:03

Well done!