Beacon bobble hat?

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

Hels147

Beacon bobble hat?

Post by Hels147 » 21 Jul 2019 18:34

I know it’s the middle of summer, and thoughts of colder days are far away, but would anyone be interested if I got some beacon bobble hats made by the big bobble hat company?

We can get some made in beacon colours, with a woven beacon badge on the front. Depending on numbers, they’ll be around £18 to £20 each. There is a minimum order number though, so it’ll only be a goer if there’s enough interest.

They’d be great for all that marshalling people do, for keeping warm after races, and would make great Christmas pressies!! 😁

Please let me know, and if there’s a decent number of people interested I’ll progress it and get a mock up done. TIA.
If you’re all about the destination, take a f#€king flight!

Alberto Recchioni

Re: Beacon bobble hat?

Post by Alberto Recchioni » 22 Jul 2019 18:53

Interested one here (I do have a very very huge head) :)

Thanks!

Hels147

Post by Hels147 » 01 Sep 2019 21:38

Orders are open. If we don’t get enough interest by 22 sept, we won’t be able to place an order. Please spread the word. Tia.

http://beaconrcc.org.uk/beacon-bobble-hat-orders/

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 09 Oct 2019 09:15

At last night's committee meeting, we agreed that we would try one last go at getting the minimum order before refunding people, as there are still 10 people or so who expressed an interest yet still haven't bought one. These would make ideal Christmas presents to yourself or others, so please support this, otherwise no one gets any.

Thanks

Phil

SiWoods79

Post by SiWoods79 » 11 Oct 2019 12:33

Hi,

How many are we short of a full order, I’m about to place an order for 3. Would be great to get these to keep my head lacking of hair nice and warm through the winter months ;;-)

Simon

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 11 Oct 2019 16:54

Press the button Si, I haven't added the numbers up yet but we're getting closer. No risk to ordering because full refunds are available if we can't go ahead, the only risk is not ordering means you definitely won't get one.

I think it might be tricky (and a bit hot) wearing three though because they do look pretty chunky.
Eat cake before you're hungry

SiWoods79

Post by SiWoods79 » 11 Oct 2019 20:53

<@> :lol:
They’re not all for me, although that lack of hair on my bonce might decide that on a cold day.

Ok I’ll get them ordered tonight and hopefully they get the orders closer to coming to us for the winter.

Rod Goodfellow
Location: Cranage,Holmes Chapel,Cheshire,UK or Lake Wales,Florida

Post by Rod Goodfellow » 12 Oct 2019 16:08

Nothing new. In 1975 the late Chris Goodfellow made a number of these on her knitting machine,albeit without a club badge. The machine was originally owned by one of my patients in Highley who developed tennis elbow using it .I advised her to stop using it,so she advertised it in the village shop and unbeknownst to me and to my embarrassment my wife bought it .Subsequent to our move to Blackburn she made over 50 for the local swimming club.If I remember correctly the Beacon ones were £1 each!

Hels147

Post by Hels147 » 31 Oct 2019 21:29

Order update!!!

We’ve succeeded in getting enough numbers to place an order and we should be receiving them before Christmas!!

I’ll post another update when I get more details about specific delivery date, and also about distribution/collection.

Cheers all.

Hels147

Post by Hels147 » 30 Dec 2019 22:35

Hey all! So those who ordered have either collected their hats, or have been contacted to arrange collection/delivery.
I’m really pleased with how the hats have turned out. They’re good quality with the embroidered beacon patch on the front.

This was a one off order, so they are limited edition! Because the minimum order number is 50, it’s doubtful we’ll order more.

We’ve got 11 hats left. Priced at £18 each. If you’d like one of these last remaining hats, please contact Stuart white.