Club Track Champs 2020 Saturday 20th June 1pm to 4pm

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

AdeR

Club Track Champs 2020 Saturday 20th June 1pm to 4pm

Post by AdeR » 24 Jan 2020 11:37

The BEACON ROADS CYCLE CLUB TRACK CHAMPIONSHIPS 2020
Will be held at Halesowen Athletic & Cycling Club Manor Way Halesowen B62 8RW on Saturday 20th June 1pm to 4pm

Come and join us for what promises to be an exciting afternoon’s racing for all ages.
Spectators will also be most welcome and the programme is envisaged as follows:
> 1 SPRINT HEATS
> 2 ACADEMY TIME TRIAL
> 3 4000M PURSUIT
> 4 ACADEMY 1 LAP HANDICAP
> 5 SPRINT REPECHARGE
> 6 ACADEMY 2 LAP HANDICAP
> 7 SPRINT SEMI FINALS
> 8 ACADEMY 3 LAP HANDICAP
> 9 SPRINT FINALS
> 10 20 LAP SCRATCH RACE

Please let me know as soon as possible if you have any proposals for amendments to the programme so that I can consider them and give appropriate notice. Last year I was immensely pleased to be able to include youth events.

There will be a coaching session from 12 – 1. The session will be structured to ensure that riders who have not ridden the track before will be able to complete in individual events i.e. all events apart from 10 on the programme.
If you’re planning on racing, to help with the programming please leave a message on the message board and/or the Beacon Facebook page.
Hire bikes are available. If you require the use of a hire bike on the day (£5) please also leave a message. Please do not send a message via instagram as this is as effective as putting your message in a bottle and throwing it in the canal. I don't do twitter, whattsap or wozdozcom either but you can e mail me academy@beaconrcc.org.uk.
Volunteers to assist with pushing off riders, working the lap board, assisting the judges, timing the pursuits etc. greatly appreciated.
In the event of bad weather a track inspection will be made at 11:30 and a notice posted on the Facebook page.
I look forward to seeing you there! :D
Best wishes,
Ade
Some things actually DO happen that are not on Strava

laurence_cooley

Re: Club Track Champs 2020 Saturday 20th June 1pm to 4pm

Post by laurence_cooley » 05 Jun 2020 09:25

This year's track championships cannot go ahead as planned on 20 June, due to the continued suspension of club activities and because the Halesowen track remains closed to group riding - both under British Cycling guidance. After speaking to Ade, we've decided that rather than cancel, we will look to rearrange the event later in the year if there is interest and the situation allows.