Beacon socially-distanced day out - Sunday July 19th

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

WorcsPhil

Beacon socially-distanced day out - Sunday July 19th

Post by WorcsPhil » 01 Jul 2020 12:02

It is unlikely that formal club runs will be back before August (we need the 6 riders maximum to be relaxed first!), hence this is not a formal Beacon event, but to get us in the mood of potential club runs together in the next few weeks, how about a big Beacon day out on Sunday July 19th. This is the Bakers Dozen, 13 horrible climbs in the Cotswolds, and you can ride as many or as few hills as you want. It's not a competition, just an excuse to wave at Beacon riders all day.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO RIDE THIS EXACT ROUTE - ride 1, 2, 10 or all 13 routes in any order, it's up to you! This route goes up and then down the 13 hills, which some people don't like to do and prefer loops, so vary it as you see fit. You may just want to ride one hill, then go for a beer...and why not!

Start at any time in the morning, wear a Beacon top, ride independently or in very small groups, ride at your own pace, finish with a beer in Winchcombe town centre. Wave enthusiastically at your fellow Beacon rider!

This is the official route, but as I said, ride what you want! Come prepared for a truly horrible day, but treat it as a 'fun' social day, rather than a competition (except for those who want to blast it!) 😁

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33182274

Matt Hale

Re: Beacon socially-distanced day out - Sunday July 19th

Post by Matt Hale » 01 Jul 2020 14:40

Any suggestions on pubs in Winchcombe Phil?

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 01 Jul 2020 16:28

Not really, Matt but somewhere around the square may be the most obvious (Plaisterers Arms?)

Andy Terry

Post by Andy Terry » 05 Jul 2020 20:59

Great idea Phil. I'm working on a Sensible Six plan.

George

Post by George » 07 Jul 2020 17:35

I've got a prior commitment on that day. It's such a shame, because I was so looking forward to riding up all those hills.