Club Person of the Year

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

George

Club Person of the Year

Post by George » 01 Nov 2020 19:20

The Beacon Club Person of the Year Trophy was established by Trevor Shipway and Tony Shardlow in 1996 to recognise the 'unsung heroes of the club'. In other words, members who work behind the scenes to organise and help with the many activities that contribute to the running of the club and its programme of events. The Club Person of the Year doesn't need to be a regular cyclist; anyone who's a member of the Beacon can be nominated. This year's presentation will be made during a virtual ceremony following the AGM on Thursday 10 December. (With the recipient's identity kept secret, Oscars-style!)

So, if there's someone whom you think deserves this trophy, or you'd like to nominate yourself, please send me your suggestion and say why you're suggesting the person in question.

For reasons of suspense and fairness, nominations should be made confidentially, e.g. by sending me a direct message via this site, or e-mailing me (george [at] beaconrcc [dot] org [dot] uk).