Academy Jan/Feb 2022

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

AdeR

Academy Jan/Feb 2022

Post by AdeR » 20 Jan 2022 08:59

You can book on here
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/beacon-a ... 2182323117

About this event
Who? Open to young riders aged 5-12 who have developed some skills in the community club events or previous Beacon RCC coaching. British Cycling accredited club coaches will lead the coaching.
What? A series of training sessions for off-road skills leading up to some fun racing.
When? Wednesdays 26/01 02/02 09/02 16/02 5:30 - 6:30.
Where Redgras Pitch, Holders Lane, Moseley, Birmingham B13 8NL.
Why? It leads from essential skills to fun competitive racing.
What equipment do I need? An off-road bike - smooth road tyres won’t grip; helmet; gloves; clothing that can keep you warm enough – but not so you get too hot putting an effort in; layers are good. See Bike, Helmet and Clothing Checklist (PDF).
What if I haven’t got a bike like that? We are working with British Cycling to have the ‘borrow a bike’ scheme put in place again. Please get in touch but this option is not available in the short term.
How do I stay safe?
Please don’t come to the event if you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been told to self-isolate. If you or your child experiences COVID symptoms after the event then you need to e-mail academy[at]beaconrcc.org.uk with the heading ‘Contact Tracing’.
How much? Free for first timers; membership £5 thereafter.
For the young riders, a parent/carer must be present. Please complete a consent form (DOC) for all riders and e-mail to academy@beaconrcc.org.uk in advance.
How can I find out more? Members can see the message board or e-mail academy@beaconrcc.org.uk.
Some things actually DO happen that are not on Strava

AdeR

Re: Academy Jan/Feb 2022

Post by AdeR » 27 Jan 2022 17:14

Floodlight failure caused the late cancellation of the 26 - 01 - 22 session. the response we got back was "So sorry, obviously this session won’t be charged for, I have emailed the main guy’s to ensure this doesn’t happen next week.

I await their response"
:cry: Watch this space

AdeR

Post by AdeR » 01 Feb 2022 10:50

So nipped down to have a look if the floodlights were working last night and they were ON. We've been CC'd into e mails 'the lights will be switched on as requested.' Will be down before the session [02 02 22] to set up. Watch the fb at 5pm. Will post news there.

AdeR

Post by AdeR » 16 Feb 2022 07:48

There is a weather warning out. The session today [160222]is cancelled. https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/.../warnin ... k-warnings.... Watch this space for details of future sessions. To clarify - sessions can go ahead if the weather is bad - but not if it constitutes a risk.