Sunrise and Snowdrop Express

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

Philip Whiteman

Sunrise and Snowdrop Express

Post by Philip Whiteman » 25 Feb 2022 14:51

Whilst Phil is degenerates into a quivering wreck over the day, the wind will also be getting stronger but to everyone's advantage. The southerly blast will give us all a push home.

Have a good day everyone. Phil will have double single malt.

Philip Whiteman

Re: Sunrise and Snowdrop Express

Post by Philip Whiteman » 26 Feb 2022 19:28

Many thanks for a great day out. The weather was gorgeous and Phil Richards did not look half bad either. The headwind only bit for the last few km into Upton. Thanks to the various people for company on the way around.

Also, thanks to all the volunteers supporting the event including: Woody, Helen, Neil, Andy, Vince, John, Dave, Mark Rigby. Apologies to anyone missed off.

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 26 Feb 2022 21:53

Yes great day out and so good to see lots of riders and old friends. I've ridden this classic Beacon Brevet Populaire 15 times according to my collection of Brevet Cards and this was one of the best.

I found the headwind tough on the way out to Upton but fruit cake, cappuccino, chat with the President, couple of Paracetamol and the rest was easy - or it might just have been the best tailwind in 15 years !! As Phil says many thanks to all the helpers and the good people at Upton Stables cafe.

GrahamGamblin

Post by GrahamGamblin » 27 Feb 2022 09:50

Thanks to everyone involved in putting on a really enjoyable event. First Beacon ride in a long time for me, and the longest in a while too. Out of the headwind it almost felt like spring! Excellent work Phil and everyone.
Graham

George

Post by George » 28 Feb 2022 09:06

Huge thanks to Phil and all the team.