Tour of Britain (spoilers)

Discussion about professional racing
rdleaper

Tour of Britain (spoilers)

Post by rdleaper » 17 Sep 2013 13:14

Quite a few good riders in this (as well as Wiggins/Cav) - Ciolek, Quintana, Dan Martin and 1 or 2 others so should be a good week. Awful weather so far; apparently they were an hour late finishing on Sunday after headwinds slowed them down to 15 mph on the FLAT!

Great stage yesterday - crashes, 25% climbs, attacks on hills, lone breakaways, uphill finish - just about everything you could think of! Didn't know Ciolek was so strong on uphill finishes!

We can't get tough enough stages to ever match the Grand Tours without high mountains but I can see this Tour becoming more popular. Especially if it could start after the Vuelta finishes... :roll:

HAZBRO

Post by HAZBRO » 17 Sep 2013 18:00

No but we can make the stages super long!
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Ed Moss

Post by Ed Moss » 17 Sep 2013 19:48

No reason why they couldn't do the Peak district and finish up Mow Cop, 25% for the last 150 yds....

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... BA&dur=390

bobg

tob

Post by bobg » 17 Sep 2013 20:33

Don't think it will ever happen but would love to see it visit the Isle of Man.
3 laps of the TT course, as the old Manx International. But I guess the logistics of getting everyone over there and back rules this out. Shame.

rdleaper

Re: tob

Post by rdleaper » 18 Sep 2013 13:08

bobg wrote:Don't think it will ever happen but would love to see it visit the Isle of Man.
3 laps of the TT course, as the old Manx International. But I guess the logistics of getting everyone over there and back rules this out. Shame.
I don't think it would be too much of a problem. If they can get Le Tour from Corsica to the mainland they can get the Tour of Britain to Isle of Man! They could have the ITT on the course too. Apparently Cav rode it last week!