National Road Championships

Discussion about professional racing
WorcsPhil

National Road Championships

Post by WorcsPhil » 24 Jun 2014 22:07

It's the Nationals this week in Abergavenny of course, and I was idly looking at the Men's Time Trial starting list, which takes place on Thursday evening. Amongst the knights of the realm and MBE holders at the sharp end, lower down the list I noticed some familar names from a Beacon perspective...namely Matt Clinton, the Little Mountain Time Time Trial winner for the last two years and Xavier Disley, who's turned up for a few of our Wednesday night time trials recently, indeed, I remember him whizzing past me last year making me look decidedly pedestrian.

Be interesting to see their results measured against the Sky big boys and Dowsetts / Bottrills of this world...

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 01 Jul 2014 10:26

...and on a different tangent from around Europe...can we get this new national champion onto the Beacon hill climb in September? Judging from the photo, Andy Craddock has delivered his Beacon jersey to him, which may persuade him.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... les-128601

Andy_Craddock

Post by Andy_Craddock » 01 Jul 2014 12:30

I think if he had gone for the frc version he may have been persuaded but couldn't justify another jersey!