Backpacking Tent Loan

Items wanted by members

Moderators: George, CakeStop

PaulB

Backpacking Tent Loan

Post by PaulB » 13 Jul 2022 17:33

Hi All,

I am volunteering for the LEL (Londo-Edinburgh-London) from Sun Aug 7th to Tuesday Aug 9th at a secret location and i have been talking to the organiser of that control who told me that there is space for tents at the back of the hall they are using.

i was just wondering if anyone out there has a bikepacking tent they would like to loan to me for the duration of the volunteering, i would of course replace if any damage, I will be taking a train up to Northallerton and then biking it the 8 miles from station to control so the tent needs to be light.

i would like to get into this bikepacking thingy but don't want to lay out ££££££'s before trying it so when the organiser told me i could camp outside it was a perfect chance for me to give it a try until i looked at bikepacking tents and costs etc so any help out there i would appreciate, in fact i would even pay for the hire of the tent if that helped.

let me know below if you have any or text me on 07961 20 22 34 and thank you all in advance
Thank You

Paul B

Simon Woodward

Re: Backpacking Tent Loan

Post by Simon Woodward » 13 Jul 2022 17:50

Paul,

I'm also volunteering for LEL and taking my tent. I do however have 2 tents that are suitable for backpacking.

A 2 person Hilleberg Nallo
&
A 1 person Hilleberg Alto

Which do you think you'd prefer, or would you want to have a look before deciding?

PaulB

Post by PaulB » 13 Jul 2022 18:34

Simon Woodward wrote:
13 Jul 2022 17:50
Paul,

I'm also volunteering for LEL and taking my tent. I do however have 2 tents that are suitable for backpacking.

A 2 person Hilleberg Nallo
&
A 1 person Hilleberg Alto

Which do you think you'd prefer, or would you want to have a look before deciding?
Hi Simon

thanks that's brilliant, the one man tent would be good and obviously i would come and pick it up and then have a chat etc

I will PM you towards the middle of next week to arrange a day and time thanks
Thank You

Paul B

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 14 Jul 2022 21:32

Hi Paul...so where's the secret location then? :lol: :lol: :lol:

but seriously, well done on volunteering...make sure the Beacon guys are well looked after!

PaulB

Post by PaulB » 14 Jul 2022 21:48

WorcsPhil wrote:
14 Jul 2022 21:32
Hi Paul...so where's the secret location then? :lol: :lol: :lol:

but seriously, well done on volunteering...make sure the Beacon guys are well looked after!
hahaha ha
my lips are sealed but yeah will look out for them
Thank You

Paul B

Helen

Post by Helen » 15 Jul 2022 09:23

I've got a 3 person light weight tent you could borrow if you'd like a bit more room. 1 person tents are really really tiny!

PaulB

Post by PaulB » 15 Jul 2022 16:03

Helen wrote:
15 Jul 2022 09:23
I've got a 3 person light weight tent you could borrow if you'd like a bit more room. 1 person tents are really really tiny!
Hi Helen

Thank you very much for your kind offer

let me go see what the tent is like that Simon has got and if i feel its too small shall certainly come back to you if that's ok thanks
Thank You

Paul B