Second hand club jersey preferably the black one

Items wanted by members

Moderators: George, CakeStop

Jason H

Second hand club jersey preferably the black one

Post by Jason H » 08 Oct 2023 08:51

Need a couple of old second hand club jerseys to use for cyclo cross training and competitions. Size medium or large.
The black one would be good due to the mud and getting it clean but any club tops no longer being used would help

Thanks

Jason

Philip Whiteman

Re: Second hand club jersey preferably the black one

Post by Philip Whiteman » 08 Oct 2023 18:04

Can't help you on the black jersey but I do have an old Large normal short sleeve jersey. I can post it, if you don't mind covering postage.

Incidentally, if racing you have to wear the registered colours, otherwise British Cycling may have a fit of temper. That excludes black.

George

Post by George » 08 Oct 2023 20:38

Jason, I'm afraid that I can't help, but I should point something out that maybe you aren't aware of. You say "for training AND competitions". The jersey design that's registered with BC in compliance with their requirements is the red, white and green design. Strictly speaking, anyone racing under BC regs is required to wear that design, and is at risk of being DQed if they don't. I think that's pretty unlikely to happen, especially in a CX event, where there is rarely any coordinated teamwork, so opponents are not really disadvantaged by people wearing irregular kit. However, it *might* happen if you get some jobsworth race official, so it's good to be aware of the situation before deciding what kit you want to wear.

Jason H

Post by Jason H » 09 Oct 2023 21:18

Philip Whiteman wrote:
08 Oct 2023 18:04
Can't help you on the black jersey but I do have an old Large normal short sleeve jersey. I can post it, if you don't mind covering postage.

Incidentally, if racing you have to wear the registered colours, otherwise British Cycling may have a fit of temper. That excludes black.
That would be great Philip and thank you. I live in Bournville. If you are local I could collect. ? Message me what best suits you. Thanks again Jason 07732233149

Jason H

Post by Jason H » 09 Oct 2023 21:19

George wrote:
08 Oct 2023 20:38
Jason, I'm afraid that I can't help, but I should point something out that maybe you aren't aware of. You say "for training AND competitions". The jersey design that's registered with BC in compliance with their requirements is the red, white and green design. Strictly speaking, anyone racing under BC regs is required to wear that design, and is at risk of being DQed if they don't. I think that's pretty unlikely to happen, especially in a CX event, where there is rarely any coordinated teamwork, so opponents are not really disadvantaged by people wearing irregular kit. However, it *might* happen if you get some jobsworth race official, so it's good to be aware of the situation before deciding what kit you want to wear.
Thanks for the advice George. Much appreciated. I wasn't aware of such strict ruling, it's worth me being aware.