Turbo trainer

Items wanted by members

Moderators: George, CakeStop

Dave Cox

Turbo trainer

Post by Dave Cox » 23 Mar 2020 18:45

A local man with visual impairment who is training for the Ironman having previously done a half Ironman on a tandem is looking for a turbo trainer. If anyone has an old one having upgraded to a smart trainer for example that he could buy please let me know and I'll put you in touch. Thanks

laurence_cooley

Re: Turbo trainer

Post by laurence_cooley » 24 Mar 2020 10:30

Dave, I have a Tacx Flow that I should get rid of to make space. It's a few years old but still works fine. I'd be happy to accept a small donation to a food bank for it. The only issue is that I have no way of delivering it anywhere, so it would have to be collected (with appropriate distancing!).

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 24 Mar 2020 14:29

I was offering my old Tacx Flow for loan the otherday on the FB Group. Unfortunately, this is no longer possible due to the travel restriction plus I had a request from another member

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 24 Mar 2020 18:17

Thanks both for your help. The Tacx would be great for my friend. I'll try to arrange for someone to pick it up in a car. I'm not even allowed out at the moment - directive from NHS because of my asthma. I know that Kelvin's partner has a car. Please would you dm me your mobile number and I'll put Kelvin in touch with you. This is very helpful and I'm sure they will be pleased to make a donation. Food is such a priority for everyone at the moment especially as more people are now with low incomes and facing all sorts of family, shopping or work pressures.