SSSCCRRL notice

Discussion about Beacon member participation in road, track and cyclocross racing

Moderators: laurence_cooley, JessRJ, AdeR, Pedlo Mudguardo, StuartWhite, gmac, Tim

jdtate101

SSSCCRRL notice

Post by jdtate101 » 26 Feb 2015 13:26

Not sure if this applies to our club, but I received this email today:

Powered by British Cycling
The following message has been sent to you by the club SSSCCRRL ROAD RACE LEAGUE

Dear Riders

The SSSCC Road Race league is currently at risk for the 2015 season.

At the AGM, clubs committed to attend an organiser event which is planned for March 26th, to date I have had confirmations from MSW and Stourbridge CC, and nominal withdrawal from WMPC (to be clarified).

Club organisers have all been e-mailed - the calendar and club representatives is attached.

I do not intend to chase clubs as in previous years, can I therefore ask that you get your club representative to contact me (stephenallcott@hotmail.co.uk) and confirm attendance of them or a club representative.

Clubs failing to follow through on their commitment will be withdrawn from the league and failure to achieve a reasonable number of events will force me to cancel the league for this year.

Please recognise the level of risk to your racing season this year. I personally have reached the point where I am fed up with chasing commitments from the clubs and I know that the committee members on the night of events feel the same way – we facilitate races for you, we don’t have to!

Kind regards and urgent action please.

Note – do not reply to this mail direct, use the address above.

Stephen Allcott
Chair SSSCCRRL

This email has been delivered to you via the British Cycling club management system.

If you wish to send a reply, please respond to stephenallcott@hotmail.co.uk

The views and statements expressed in this newsletter/email/website do not necessarily reflect the views of British Cycling. British Cycling does not warrant the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of those views or statements and does not accept any legal liability whatsoever arising from any reliance on the views, statements and subject matter of the newsletter/e-mail/website. This content may include hyperlinks to other web sites that are not owned or controlled by British Cycling. British Cycling has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. All content should adhere to our acceptable usage policy. If you believe you have received this message in error, or any of the content to be inappropriate, please report it to clubtool@britishcycling.org.uk

Web Partners

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 26 Feb 2015 14:12

Yep, I got this too. I didn't get his orginal message about the meeting on 26 March as I don't think they have me down as the club representative; I've now fixed that.

However, I can't go to the meeting as I'm off to Mallorca that day. Is anyone else (preferably someone who is taking part in the league this year) willing to attend in my place? I have requested more details about location, etc.

carl

ssccrrll

Post by carl » 26 Feb 2015 16:26

Don't think I shall race here..I will race the lvrc league and Manchester league instead
Pain is temporary!

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 26 Feb 2015 16:28

Not at risk of running out of letters in the acronym 8)

StuartWhite

Post by StuartWhite » 26 Feb 2015 23:09

I am entered and could attend Laurence.
Cheers,

Stu

It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Strava - http://www.strava.com/athletes/white_stuart
Facebook - Barry Fight - www.facebook.com/barry.fight
Email - Stulottie@gmail.com
Text/Whatsapp - 07929 612359

jdtate101

Post by jdtate101 » 27 Feb 2015 17:09

I could possibly attend as well (work permitting).

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 27 Feb 2015 17:12

Stuart/James, that would be great if you could. It's at the Bell pub near Shifnal, starting at 7:30. Is that OK (I know it's a bit out of the way)? There will apparently be a buffet.
Last edited by laurence_cooley on 27 Feb 2015 17:13, edited 1 time in total.

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 27 Feb 2015 17:12

petemarshall wrote:Not at risk of running out of letters in the acronym 8)
I would welcome some vowels, personally.

StuartWhite

Post by StuartWhite » 27 Feb 2015 22:59

Provide a buffet and I'll attend any event.
is there anything I (and James if attending) will need to take along?
Cheers,

Stu

It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Strava - http://www.strava.com/athletes/white_stuart
Facebook - Barry Fight - www.facebook.com/barry.fight
Email - Stulottie@gmail.com
Text/Whatsapp - 07929 612359

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 28 Feb 2015 14:23

Just a pen and paper, I think. It would be great if you could introduce yourselves to whoever is attending from Clee Cycles, as we're co-organising our round of the league with them (as last year). If you could pass my contact details on to them, that would be great.