Future of the SSSCCRRL

Discussion about Beacon member participation in road, track and cyclocross racing

Moderators: laurence_cooley, JessRJ, AdeR, Pedlo Mudguardo, StuartWhite, gmac, Tim

laurence_cooley

Future of the SSSCCRRL

Post by laurence_cooley » 19 Jun 2015 12:57

I've received this message regarding the future of the SSSCCRRL. It's a great league and it would be a real shame to see it end. We're one of the smaller clubs in the league by number of riders entered this year, so I don't think we should feel that we have to volunteer to take on committee roles, but if anyone wants to, please contact Steve.

Dear supporter of the SSSCCRRL

As we are well into the racing calendar, I thought it important to start planning for next year.

The key item that needs resolution is the makeup of the committee for 2016, as currently the situation is:

Steve Allcott - Chairman –not standing for re-election

Mike Jackson – Chief Comm and Deputy Chair – not standing for re-election

Austin Jones – Assistant Chief Comm – not standing for re-election

Jeremy Guy – Treasurer – not standing for re-election

Joe Charley – Handicapper – not standing for re-election

Ian Watts – Assistant Chief Comm – not standing for re-election

Andy Jones – IT – will stand for re-election

Mark Lines – Race night sec – unknown as to intention

As you can see, the committee will be severely depleted and volunteers for positions will need to come forward before the end of July, in order to plan ahead of the AGM. In the instance of insufficient volunteers, the AGM will go ahead as planned, late September or early October, although failure to vote in a committee will result in a motion to wind up the league.

It is your clubs league, can I therefore request that you take this mail to your club and circulate as wide as possible, in order to generate enthusiasm for potential committee members.

If anyone wants an overview of what is involved with the vacant positions, please e-mail me at stephenallcott@hotmail.co.uk or talk to one of the committee on race night.

Kind regards

Steve Allcott