Friday Night Track League 26th June

Discussion about Beacon member participation in road, track and cyclocross racing

Moderators: laurence_cooley, JessRJ, AdeR, Pedlo Mudguardo, StuartWhite, gmac, Tim

AdeR

Friday Night Track League 26th June

Post by AdeR » 27 Jun 2015 08:07

First track night of the season for me at Halesowen. I'd been up for it a fortnight ago but it rained; couldn't make last week. I was looking forward to racing in my new beacon kit for the first time. First race of the night for the B Cats was a 10 lap scratch. Noone tried anything very much during the first 8 laps so I loitered fairly near the back watching. Moved up with 2 to go. Came off a wheel in the home straight to take the win by the width of the rim. :D
Next race was a devil. I'm not a big fan of devils as it can get sketchy. I time trialled on the front and got 5th.
Next race was vets and ladies Hare and Hounds - essentially you have a slow and a fast group with the slower group given a 1/2 lap advantage. We caught the 'hare' group with three to go. I got 3rd in the sprint at the end.
Final race of the night - a mixed A and B Cat 25 lap scratch. I found myself on Jacob Tipper's wheel - if you're on Strava you'll at least know of him - as he launched off. I was the only B Cat in this break and we soon gained 1/2 lap on the chasing group which was thinning out by this point. Unfortunately I couldn't hold the pace long enough to gain a lap. I was in no-man's land inbetween the two groups and kept going for 5 or 6 laps, but it became clear that it was closing, so I swung up and latched back on. Not enough in the legs by this point to try anything so I hung on in until the bell and got 2nd B.
All in all a good night's racing. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. It would be great to see some more red white and green shirts.

George

Post by George » 27 Jun 2015 09:52

Well done, Adrian.