Beacon Kit during Races

Discussion about Beacon member participation in road, track and cyclocross racing

Moderators: laurence_cooley, JessRJ, AdeR, Pedlo Mudguardo, StuartWhite, gmac, Tim

PatBoySlim

Beacon Kit during Races

Post by PatBoySlim » 13 Jul 2015 20:06

I've had a message passed to me from a fellow commisaire (Colin Hackles and verified by Carl Robinson) regarding Beacon members wearing the black kit.

As the Red, White and Green Jersey is the one registered with BC, The black jersey must not be worn during races !
Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard

Tim

Post by Tim » 14 Jul 2015 08:07

Think everyone knows this now after it happened a few months back. Andy tells people when they buy too.

This doesn't apply to cat 4 only races does it or TTs just for peoples clarification? Does it apply to track?

CX?!

Key question is has this happened recently and who's the guilty woman or man?! A ceremonial burning of the black kit is perhaps in order with BC commisaires overseeing the proceedings? :D

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 14 Jul 2015 08:20

Andy 'Shimano' Craddock has provided clear advice to purchasers of the black kit and the message has been posted on a number of occasions. If anyone is turned away, then tough luck.

RichK

Post by RichK » 14 Jul 2015 12:09

Definitely no issues with black (away) kit in TTs (open or club).
There is no secret ingredient

PatBoySlim

Post by PatBoySlim » 17 Jul 2015 20:42

A beacon member wore the black kit in a race on Sunday, and no they can't wear it either in CAT4 if they are a member of a club ( I thought they could so asked)
Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 17 Jul 2015 23:10

PatBoySlim wrote:A beacon member wore the black kit in a race on Sunday, and no they can't wear it either in CAT4 if they are a member of a club ( I thought they could so asked)
The relevant rule would seem to contradict this

In Road and Track events, Youth, Fourth and Provisional category licence holders and BC non licence holders will be allowed to wear any suitable clothing whilst competing in events under the Technical Regulations of the Federation, including that bearing registered or unregistered advertising except in the case of National Championships when they must comply with T.R. 8.1.1 to 8.1.6.

However it would seem to me completely against the spirit of the rules for team mates to be allowed to wear different kit even in a Cat 4 or junior event.