Friday Night Track League 7th August

Discussion about Beacon member participation in road, track and cyclocross racing

Moderators: laurence_cooley, JessRJ, AdeR, Pedlo Mudguardo, StuartWhite, gmac, Tim

AdeR

Friday Night Track League 7th August

Post by AdeR » 09 Aug 2015 19:00

A still and warm night and some good racing. In the 10 lap scratch Phil Farley mixed things up really effectively; launching two attacks in the early stages of the race. I got away a bit later with one of the Halesowen young riders - only to have the break chased down by the men in purple! It all came together for a bunch sprint where I got 3rd. The next race was an alteration to the programme due to the small number of A cats. We had an all in unknown distance race. I was 2nd Vet and Phil was 2nd B cat non vet. Again in a change to the programme we had an a and B cat devil. I was really pleased with this performance as this is not my favourite race at all. The presence of A cat riders lifted the pace and made for safer racing. I was really pleased to get 5th overall (2nd B cat) after being forced to readjust my normal strategy of time trialling on the front in the sprinters lane. In the 40 lap scratch I take my hat off to Matthew Harris who gained a lap with the As then still took the B group sprint. I got 2nd and Phil got 4th. A decent points haul.

George

Post by George » 21 Aug 2015 15:21

Congratulations on the placing, Adrian.