Track accreditation

Discussion about Beacon member participation in road, track and cyclocross racing

Moderators: laurence_cooley, JessRJ, AdeR, Pedlo Mudguardo, StuartWhite, gmac, Tim

AdeR

Track accreditation

Post by AdeR » 09 Aug 2015 19:09

http://www.derbyarena.uk.com/cycling/accreditation/

I can thoroughly recommend Derby's track accreditation session(s) for anyone who is interested in riding the track; whether or not you intend to race. I did mine this Saturday morning and it was a really good session. Its a bit like doing your driving test again; there are inevitably some bad habits you don't know you've got into. Mine I'll confess was anticipating the rider in front of me whilst leaving the track. If you successfully complete Derby's process then you can have 'UK track accredited' on your licence. Local leagues (Halesowen and Wolverhampton) will not need you to do a separate accreditation for their track leagues. You'll also be able to ride Derby's winter league (Tuesday nights As and Bs; Women and youth on Thursdays). I'm not going to be able to get up to race that often, but there are also separate skills/training sessions. I do hope to get up to some of those.