Friday Night Track League 21st August

Discussion about Beacon member participation in road, track and cyclocross racing

Moderators: laurence_cooley, JessRJ, AdeR, Pedlo Mudguardo, StuartWhite, gmac, Tim

AdeR

Friday Night Track League 21st August

Post by AdeR » 22 Aug 2015 18:54

Its a truism that you have to be in it to win it. This was certainly the case last night. However another truism is that you can only beat the competitors that show up. First up was an eight lap scratch race with a prime at 4 laps. I had a couple of early digs - but noone seemed willing to work a break. I took the prime and then the final sprint- ahead of David Wrottesley (who has done the Wednesday run from the Red Lion). Six points in the bag. Next up was a mixed A B devil. I got third (vets) behind Will Fotheringham and Harvey Jackson (Both Halesowen). Next was a 600m dash. I couldn't get the front wheel to the line before David but was good for 2nd place. The final 30 lap scratch was a good race. There were lots of attacks, the field split up and came together several times. I managed to hang on with the A group throughout the race and claim 1st B rider spot. 15 points in the bag - a good haul. Looked up the B table today and it looks like this:

1st
Adrian Ravenscroft
2nd
Nick Cruchley
3rd
Matthew Harris
7th
Steve Croggan
16th
Phillip Farley

22 riders.

Two track league nights to go and I'll miss one of them. We'll see what the final one brings.Steve's points average per meeting I should point out is much higher per race than mine. I'm pleased though to be topping the table as this hasn't happened for me since 2011

George

Post by George » 23 Aug 2015 17:11

Congratulations again, Adrian.

David Farley

Post by David Farley » 23 Aug 2015 17:54

Well done Adrian, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you hold on and win the B cat league. Philip should be there next week and the week after

Regards Dave