Cyclocross first timers. Join us on Sunday?

Discussion about Beacon member participation in road, track and cyclocross racing

Moderators: laurence_cooley, JessRJ, AdeR, Pedlo Mudguardo, StuartWhite, gmac, Tim

Tim

Cyclocross first timers. Join us on Sunday?

Post by Tim » 17 Oct 2016 08:32

A few of us are giving cyclocross a go at Misterton on Sunday if anyone wants to join us. Does anyone know what the course capacity is there/what our chances are of getting a ride?

Details here www.wmccl.co.uk
Please like and follow Beacon Cycling Academy https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-C ... 6499863667

jdtate101

Post by jdtate101 » 17 Oct 2016 16:31

If you are not a league member you'll have to wait until close to the start of each race to see if there are day slots. League members get priority (as they paid for it). Remember to bring some money..it's £13 I think per race. Usual course limits are around 80 riders, but some can do more...depends on the course.

Pedlo Mudguardo

Post by Pedlo Mudguardo » 17 Oct 2016 21:43

It's £15 per race this year. Also don't forget to bring your British Cycling membership card if you have one or a credit/ debit card to leave as deposit for your timing chip which you return after the race. I wasn't a registered League rider last year but I got a ride each time so I doubt anyone will be refused on the day. I'd recommend getting there as early as possible to get your names on the list, ride the course, warm up and generally get your bearings not to mention stuffing as much coffee into your system as possible in my case....
I'm told Misterton is a really good course, the whole thing is very relaxed and inclusive and the atmosphere especially amongst the riders is superb. I'm absolutely gutted that I won't be able to make it this week myself as it's half term and I'm needing to acquire domestic points. Good luck to all the Beacon riders who are giving it a shot for the first time, I'll be thinking of you. Remember, smooth is fast, speed is your friend and for heaven's sake don't put too much air in your tyres :)