Cyclocross Training

Discussion about Beacon member participation in road, track and cyclocross racing

Moderators: laurence_cooley, JessRJ, AdeR, Pedlo Mudguardo, StuartWhite, gmac, Tim

Pedlo Mudguardo

Cyclocross Training

Post by Pedlo Mudguardo » 28 Jun 2017 21:53

High everyone. It's about time I started to get my cyclocross legs out the cupboard so wondered if anyone would like to join me. It would be good to make the most of the light evenings and Highbury Park in Kingsheath , as I've mentioned before, is a great place to train. I have a loop which hopefully includes a good few of the features you'll encounter on the 'average''cross race although it's looking like there won't be much in the way of mud. Everyone is welcome but being a public space we'll have to be aware of other park users and not make a nuisance of ourselves. I thought we could maybe do some circuits to familiarise everyone with the route and then gradually increase the intensity. If anyone fancies it I'll be at the road entrance to the park where Dads Lane meets Shutlock Lane at 7pm next Tuesday.

CakeStop

Re: Cyclocross Training

Post by CakeStop » 04 Jul 2017 21:42

Thanks for this Nick. Plenty of variety on that lap but mercifully no mud yet.

I'd recommend this if anybody else is interested. Here's the route within the park. I just did the one full lap, Nic and Ade did three.

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?l ... y_Park.gpx
Eat cake before you're hungry

Pedlo Mudguardo

Re: Cyclocross Training

Post by Pedlo Mudguardo » 04 Jul 2017 22:07

Really great to have you both along, I think it would be great to get a regular group going. It's good fun even if folks don't intend to race. Hope to see you next week.