SSECCRRL Race 16th May 2019

Discussion about Beacon member participation in road, track and cyclocross racing

Moderators: laurence_cooley, JessRJ, Tim, AdeR, gmac, Pedlo Mudguardo, StuartWhite

Post Reply
User avatar
petemarshall
Posts: 657
Joined: 17 Jan 2014 16:40
Real Name: Pete Marshall
Location: Stourbridge

SSECCRRL Race 16th May 2019

Post by petemarshall » 21 Nov 2018 08:46

I have been contacted by the organisers of the Thursday evening race league.
I previously posted requesting that if people were interested in racing this league, which in my opinion is one of the best ways of learning road racing for lower category riders, they should attend. Unfortunately I am told nobody from the Beacon was there.

In previous years the Beacon has assisted in the organisation of the Enville round of the series. This year that round is being organised by the Wolverhampton Racing club again and they have approached me for assistance.
This year all road races will have accredited marshal's and therefore the need for flag marshal's should be reduced.
We would be looking for volunteers to drive, assist drivers with communication and a number of flag marshal's to assist the AM's
The event is at the Enville circuit which starts at Wolverhampton airport (Bobbington) at 18:30 16th May 2019

Jamie B
Posts: 25
Joined: 13 Aug 2018 13:26
Real Name: Jamie Brookes

Re: SSECCRRL Race 16th May 2019

Post by Jamie B » 23 Jan 2019 09:48

Hi Pete,

Do you know if they are accepting entries as of yet? I can't see anything on the British cycling website (i know its early).

Outside of a bit of negotiating with work hours wise, more than up for this.
The one riding the Orange and Black Giant.....

laurence_cooley
Posts: 938
Joined: 31 Dec 2011 13:48
Real Name:
Location: Harborne

Re: SSECCRRL Race 16th May 2019

Post by laurence_cooley » 23 Jan 2019 15:06

Jamie B wrote:
23 Jan 2019 09:48
Do you know if they are accepting entries as of yet? I can't see anything on the British cycling website (i know its early).
I think entries to the league opened around late February last year. There are some details at http://www.sssccrrl.co.uk/enter/ and it mentions a link to the BC website, but I can't see that link so I presume they've not added it. It's also possible to enter on the night most weeks, if you don't want to sign up for the whole series.

Jamie B
Posts: 25
Joined: 13 Aug 2018 13:26
Real Name: Jamie Brookes

Re: SSECCRRL Race 16th May 2019

Post by Jamie B » 23 Jan 2019 20:41

laurence_cooley wrote:
23 Jan 2019 15:06
Jamie B wrote:
23 Jan 2019 09:48
Do you know if they are accepting entries as of yet? I can't see anything on the British cycling website (i know its early).
I think entries to the league opened around late February last year. There are some details at http://www.sssccrrl.co.uk/enter/ and it mentions a link to the BC website, but I can't see that link so I presume they've not added it. It's also possible to enter on the night most weeks, if you don't want to sign up for the whole series.
Thanks Laurence, greatly appreciated. I'll try and contact them via email - if i can get the flexi from work then i'll probably sign up to all series if still available..
The one riding the Orange and Black Giant.....

User avatar
petemarshall
Posts: 657
Joined: 17 Jan 2014 16:40
Real Name: Pete Marshall
Location: Stourbridge

Re: SSECCRRL Race 16th May 2019

Post by petemarshall » 23 Jan 2019 20:47

Jamie B wrote:
23 Jan 2019 09:48
Hi Pete,

Do you know if they are accepting entries as of yet? I can't see anything on the British cycling website (i know its early).

Outside of a bit of negotiating with work hours wise, more than up for this.
Should be soon. The cross season has now pretty much finished and it's the same people organise this series (and pretty much everything else 😉) so have some patience 😎
If you are intending to ride the series you should volunteer to assist one round and the round listed above is allocated to us.
There are a couple of Sunday road races in the region already listed including a rare 3/4 road race on the Enville circuit (the two counties, Wolverhampton Racing club) that one will sell out quickly.

Jamie B
Posts: 25
Joined: 13 Aug 2018 13:26
Real Name: Jamie Brookes

Re: SSECCRRL Race 16th May 2019

Post by Jamie B » 23 Jan 2019 20:53

petemarshall wrote:
23 Jan 2019 20:47
Jamie B wrote:
23 Jan 2019 09:48
Hi Pete,

Do you know if they are accepting entries as of yet? I can't see anything on the British cycling website (i know its early).

Outside of a bit of negotiating with work hours wise, more than up for this.
Should be soon. The cross season has now pretty much finished and it's the same people organise this series (and pretty much everything else 😉) so have some patience 😎
If you are intending to ride the series you should volunteer to assist one round and the round listed above is allocated to us.
There are a couple of Sunday road races in the region already listed including a rare 3/4 road race on the Enville circuit (the two counties, Wolverhampton Racing club) that one will sell out quickly.
thanks! i'm already signed up to the two counties race.

apologies for what maybe a stupid question, what is the best way of offering my assistance with the event? should i contact them directly or do i need to go through the club? (yourself?) more than happy to assist with this and other races if they are short (and as long as i can do partake in my race)
The one riding the Orange and Black Giant.....

laurence_cooley
Posts: 938
Joined: 31 Dec 2011 13:48
Real Name:
Location: Harborne

Re: SSECCRRL Race 16th May 2019

Post by laurence_cooley » 23 Jan 2019 21:13

You don't need to tell the league organisers that you'll help out, because if you enter the league then they'll already expect you to as it's a condition of entry that you help at your own club's round. It's then up to the organising clubs to arrange things on the night.

User avatar
petemarshall
Posts: 657
Joined: 17 Jan 2014 16:40
Real Name: Pete Marshall
Location: Stourbridge

Re: SSECCRRL Race 16th May 2019

Post by petemarshall » 24 Jan 2019 07:41

Jamie B wrote:
23 Jan 2019 20:53
petemarshall wrote:
23 Jan 2019 20:47
Jamie B wrote:
23 Jan 2019 09:48
Hi Pete,

Do you know if they are accepting entries as of yet? I can't see anything on the British cycling website (i know its early).

Outside of a bit of negotiating with work hours wise, more than up for this.
Should be soon. The cross season has now pretty much finished and it's the same people organise this series (and pretty much everything else 😉) so have some patience 😎
If you are intending to ride the series you should volunteer to assist one round and the round listed above is allocated to us.
There are a couple of Sunday road races in the region already listed including a rare 3/4 road race on the Enville circuit (the two counties, Wolverhampton Racing club) that one will sell out quickly.
thanks! i'm already signed up to the two counties race.

apologies for what maybe a stupid question, what is the best way of offering my assistance with the event? should i contact them directly or do i need to go through the club? (yourself?) more than happy to assist with this and other races if they are short (and as long as i can do partake in my race)
Read the first post in this thread where I specifically request assistance. You will not be able to also race as well as assist.
I emailed members a couple of months ago and will be doing the same again a few weeks before the event. I use the club email system through BC so you need to make sure your email is up to date with BC and you are registered as a member of Beacon with BC.
You may have joined after the email so I will resend

User avatar
petemarshall
Posts: 657
Joined: 17 Jan 2014 16:40
Real Name: Pete Marshall
Location: Stourbridge

Re: SSECCRRL Race 16th May 2019

Post by petemarshall » 24 Jan 2019 08:10

For information, volunteers for this race so far
Pete Marshall Driver
Jame Tate Driver
Steven Tudor
Mike Kedian

We need at least two more helpers. It would also be great if we had another driver as the race may be short of accredited marshals so I would have to do that. To drive you will need Silver or better BC membership (for insurance) and also send me details of the vehicle prior to the race.

laurence_cooley
Posts: 938
Joined: 31 Dec 2011 13:48
Real Name:
Location: Harborne

Re: SSECCRRL Race 16th May 2019

Post by laurence_cooley » 24 Apr 2019 10:24

I'd like to help with this, but need a lift from Harborne. Anyone driving from that part of town?

User avatar
Simon Woodward
Posts: 52
Joined: 21 May 2017 21:49
Real Name:

Re: SSECCRRL Race 16th May 2019

Post by Simon Woodward » 24 Apr 2019 14:30

Hi, Could you please put me down as a volunteer. If you could let me know what's required and when and where to meet please.
Cheers

User avatar
petemarshall
Posts: 657
Joined: 17 Jan 2014 16:40
Real Name: Pete Marshall
Location: Stourbridge

Re: SSECCRRL Race 16th May 2019

Post by petemarshall » 24 Apr 2019 19:39

Please note I will be part of the AM team at this race rather than helping organise
I have informed the race organising club.
James Tate will be organising Beacons helpers.

laurence_cooley
Posts: 938
Joined: 31 Dec 2011 13:48
Real Name:
Location: Harborne

Re: SSECCRRL Race 16th May 2019

Post by laurence_cooley » 13 May 2019 17:33

laurence_cooley wrote:
24 Apr 2019 10:24
I'd like to help with this, but need a lift from Harborne. Anyone driving from that part of town?
I now have use of a car on Thursday, so no longer need a lift. See you all there.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests