Solihull No Frills 2/3/4

Discussion about Beacon member participation in road, track and cyclocross racing

Moderators: laurence_cooley, JessRJ, AdeR, Pedlo Mudguardo, StuartWhite, gmac, Tim

Jamie B

Solihull No Frills 2/3/4

Post by Jamie B » 18 Apr 2019 12:50

The plan, (work allowing) is to do this every week, is anyone else going to be taking part at all?

Also, i haven't been to Tudor Grange yet, any advice?
The one riding the Orange and Black Giant.....

Tim

Re: Solihull No Frills 2/3/4

Post by Tim » 21 Apr 2019 21:33

I may be at some, "taking part" might be over optimistic though as done nothing since the woolly mamils! Very different to Stourport, shorter and can go round without braking. Will start quick and settle down after 15 mins so if can stay in front half you will be ok. The 3/4 weeks are obviously normally a bit easier than the 2/3/4s. If ends as bunch finish, get into top 5-8 with two to go and go for it and hang on, narrow so need to try and stay near front. So simple 😀
As just pay on night it occasionally can sell out so need to try and get there early-ish to sign on. You can go any early morning before work and train on it, just watch out for dog walkers and rabbits! Think Gav is doing the 2/3/4 weeks, John maybe too? Anyone else?
Please like and follow Beacon Cycling Academy https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-C ... 6499863667

GavPass

Post by GavPass » 23 Apr 2019 07:23

I can only do one of them now and there is online entry, so don’t bank on there been any spaces on the line.

Like Tim says, keep near the front, hold your line in the corners and if it’s quick then move up fast as there aren’t many places to change position if the tempo is high.

Jamie B

Post by Jamie B » 23 Apr 2019 09:43

Cheers Chaps, I have already entered online...

I suppose there needs to be one advantage of being "Wider" than the average cyclist.... great blocker!
The one riding the Orange and Black Giant.....