track Captain

Discussion about Beacon member participation in road, track and cyclocross racing

Moderators: laurence_cooley, JessRJ, AdeR, Pedlo Mudguardo, StuartWhite, gmac, Tim

AdeR

track Captain

Post by AdeR » 25 Feb 2020 18:25

Hello All,
I'm not sure at this point how much track racing I'm going to be able to do this summer. I think that it would be a good idea for me to step down as track captain - a role that I've enjoyed. The carefully calibrated plan has led to some notable successes (!) & well done to all who have raced track in the green white & red. I do think it would be an idea for me to focus on the academy & not spread myself thinly. The role involves being a contact for people in the club who may be thinking about giving track a go. Signposting local racing opportunities & liaising with Derby Newport or Halesowen to book sessions. I'd be more than happy to have a chat to hand over. I'd also be willing to carry on being club track champs organiser if people aren't too fed up and the new captain would rather race.
Drop me an e mail academy@beaconrcc.org.uk to express an interest.
Go on, you know you want to!
All the best,
Ade
Some things actually DO happen that are not on Strava

AdeR

Re: track Captain

Post by AdeR » 01 Mar 2020 20:01

Thank you to all who applied for the position of track captain. There was an extremely strong field but following a rigorous selection process there was in the end a unanimous decision that the post should go to MATT CLEGG. 8) Congratulations to him and best wishes to all who will be racing track this season.
Some things actually DO happen that are not on Strava