Birmingham Business Park - 10th April | HALF PRICE ENTRY

Discussion about Beacon member participation in road, track and cyclocross racing

Moderators: laurence_cooley, JessRJ, AdeR, Pedlo Mudguardo, StuartWhite, gmac, Tim

Kyle

Birmingham Business Park - 10th April | HALF PRICE ENTRY

Post by Kyle » 02 Mar 2022 11:31

Who fancies some local racing in front of adoring fans (by which I mean amazing club mates who have volunteered to help out on the day)?

Entry for the first Birmingham Business Park race of the year, supported by Beacon is available here. It'd be great to see multiple Beacon jerseys on the start line.

To take advantage of half price entry please enter via BC paying the full price of £20, indicate that you have done so here and I will arrange for £10 to be reimbursed to you.

Or, if you want to come along and support/volunteer, please see this thread

Fiachra

Re: Birmingham Business Park - 10th April | HALF PRICE ENTRY

Post by Fiachra » 02 Mar 2022 21:50

Hi Kyle, I’m completely new to racing and was wondering what I need to do to participate. Im also unsure as to potential requirements for these races such as age or cat.

Kyle

Re: Birmingham Business Park - 10th April | HALF PRICE ENTRY

Post by Kyle » 04 Mar 2022 16:43

Hi Fiachra!

While the business park races are effectively run on a closed road, British Cycling treat them as 'Road' rather than 'Closed Circuit' which does mean age restrictions (year of 19th Birthday - tbc, I'm just doing some reading). But, there's plenty of opportunity to dip your toe at closed circuit events and I am more than happy to offer lift/other support if we can find a good event.

I'll send you a private message with my number; drop me a whatsapp.

Kyle