Warm Showers

Chat about anything in here

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Dave Cox

slogfester

Warm Showers

Post by slogfester » 21 Oct 2013 18:51

One of the things that added enormous fun and joy to our recent tour of Europe was discovering Warm Showers (www.warmshowers.org/). For those unfamiliar it is a hosting/guest service for and (mostly) by cyclo-tourers. We didnt even know about it until told by someone on the road. We met some fantastic people as hosts (who we will definately keep in touch with) and were enormously grateful for the roof, bed, very often food and -yes- warm showers after a long day in the saddle. Many of their tours sounded epic and made ours feel very unadventorous.
So, we intend to reciprocate and put ourselves up as hosts as soon as we are settled. For a city the size of Brum there doesnt appear to be that many hosts, and I dont recognise any of the names as Beacon members? I guess there wont be a flood of applicants for staying in Brum in winter! (N.B. You have to register to search the online database map, but I think you dont have to bother if you download the App).

Always interested to learn from the experience of others; Have any other members been hosts/guests on WS?
Belt up, we're going for a ride