Descending into Drayton VIII

Chat about anything in here

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Dave Cox

Philip Whiteman

Descending into Drayton VIII

Post by Philip Whiteman » 12 Jan 2016 13:03

It has been a long time since 'Descending into Drayton VII'. Previous reports within the compendium have included minor scrapes, broken bones, collision with a horse and one fatality.

The most recent report is connected to a local club rider colliding with a vehicle pulling out of a side road. The speed of either road user is unknown. Nobody was injured.

It is a dangerous road to ride at speed. Often cyclists and vehicle drivers exceed the 30mph speed limit without any realisation of junctions or other vulnerable users such as horse riders.
- In one instance, I nearly collided with a group from a neighbouring club, who were clearly riding too fast for the condition of the road.
- When living in Bridge Cottage, a cyclist crashed and flew over my car bonnet. The vehicle was parked off the carriageway. I witnessed the incident and the culprit was riding at excessive speed in order to climb the hill out of Drayton
- Last week whilst on my bike, two muppets nearly ploughed into my rear!

If riding through Drayton please observe the tight corners by riding at caution, slow your speed in order to avoid collision with pedestrians, other cyclists, horse riders or vehicle users. On the southbound side, there are also slippery access covers to contend with.