Funny but 100% true

Chat about anything in here

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Dave Cox

AlanW

Funny but 100% true

Post by AlanW » 12 Feb 2016 13:07

Let me set the scene, Virgin have decided that they are going to install a cable network to all the surrounding roads where I live. This obviously involves digging trench's along the footpaths and to say that it is causing mayhem would be an understatement!

Anyway....yesterday that trench finally reached the point where it had to cross the road. So they dug the trench half way across the road, and its usual that they then drop a large steel plate over the top to allow traffic to pass while they do the other half of the trench.

So as I drive into my cul de sac yesterday afternoon from work I am faced with a tipper truck parked on the left side of the road and a open trench on the right hand side with three workman telling me to stop and wait.

So I pull up and wait, the driver jumps out of the cab and trots down the side of the vehicle and drops the sides. Then the four of them join together and start to pull the large steel plate off the truck.

Its clearly a heavy piece of steel plate as they were really struggling to drag it across the bed of the truck.

Then for reasons best known to the idiot concerned, but one of the workman decided to crouch under the plate and lift it up and take the weight on his back while the others continued to drag it over.

You know that feeling when you can see something unfolding in front of your eyes and you ask yourself, surely not......it was one of those moments!!

They continued to drag the plate and still with the clown taking the weight on his back. As soon as the plate left the bed of the truck he immediately dropped face down in the trench with the plate on top of him!! The three remaining guys frantically tried to pick the plate of him but couldn't as it was to heavy, so they had to lift up one side to let him out.

Apart from everything else, it was the speed in which he dropped down, and his "mates" letting it go!! It wasn't like he even held it up for a split second. Added to the fact that his legs went in opposite directions as he disappeared into the trench just made the whole thing even more comical.....I just wished that I could have captured it all on film.

But by this point I was laughing so much I was hurting.... :D :lol:

To be fair it probably doesn't seem that funny in words, but I had to try and share it never the less.
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"