Cycle Campaigning Update

Chat about anything in here

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Dave Cox

Dave Cox

Cycle Campaigning Update

Post by Dave Cox » 02 Mar 2016 10:05

http://www.pushbikes.org.uk/blog/bike-w ... ds-network

This link should take you to the Bike West Midlands Network blog This is a Manifesto of what local campaign groups like Push Bikes in Birmingham want to see across the West Midlands and explains why it is now worth campaigning at that level. Apart from the fact that we use bikes as transport and therefore ride from one authority area to others all the time, the arrival of an Integrated Transport Authority (super Centro) and eventually probably a West Midlands Combined Authority means that there are bodies with transport spending responsibility working at a Regional level again.

For example the West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner elections are in May I believe.

You can follow some of this on twitter @BWMNetwork

For national campaigns check out the CTC website

www.ctc.org.uk These include the Road Justice Campaign which is concerned with guidelines of prosecution and sentencing of dangerous and careless drivers.

I'll declare an interest as most people know I am currently Chair of CTC National Council, Vice Chair of Push Bikes and originator of BWM Network. It's a wonder I ever have time to get out on the bike!