Spetchley

Chat about anything in here

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Dave Cox

Andy Terry

Spetchley

Post by Andy Terry » 27 Jun 2016 17:20

Anyone been near the Spetchley Park Gardens cafe recently? It seems to have changed hands and is now owned by Deli@Pershore. They did a nice bacon sarnie but that's off the (even posher) menu now. Nice garden, but with Worcester Country Park just down the road why would you bother?

Matt Hale

Post by Matt Hale » 28 Jun 2016 13:04

Andy,

George took the B run on 17th April. Here are his comments prior to the ride:
George wrote:I dropped by at Spetchley to make sure that they are happy to receive us on Sunday. They are, but the café has changed hands/operators over the winter. As always seems to happen in such circumstances, they have gone a bit posh. Menus on blackboards, fancy coffee and little bits of salad with your sarnies. You know the kind of thing. And, needless to say, a hike in prices. Coffee + salmon sandwich cost about £7.50.

There was an excellent array of cakes and cold sandwiches, plus various paninis and cooked breakfast options. Bacon sarnies and beans on toast are not on the standard menu, but they are willing to put such things on as a special if we give them a couple of days' notice.

I have already planned a route to this destination, the food is very nice, the café is very nice and, at the end of the day, the prices are similar to what we pay in several other places and only maybe £2.50 more than the very cheapest places we visit.

Therefore, unless I hear some strong objections in the next 48 hours, I will stick with the planned destination.
I thought the food was pretty reasonable and its a nice place to sit on a sunny day, but prices a bit more that at the Country Park café.