Buzzard Alert!

Chat about anything in here

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Dave Cox

AlanW

Buzzard Alert!

Post by AlanW » 30 Jun 2016 20:18

I know that the club runs sometimes utilizes this particular lane. But if you are travelling along Copyholt Lane, Banks Green heading towards the Queens Head, just after the turning into Middle Lane there is a small coppice on the left hand side just as the lane starts to descend.

I was dive bombed by a buzzard this afternoon on the way home from work, and apparently it is not the first time that this has happened, as someone else has also reported a simlar incident in the exact same location!

Dont ask me why, but l got a sort of sixth sense that something was coming at me from behind and then wallop. A bloody great thud on the top of my helmet with enough force to compress my head down into my shoulders and all I then see is a huge buzzard flying up at 45 degrees away from me.

The unexpected thud combined with the sound of its talons against the plastic of my helmet isnt a nice experiance I can tell you.

Please take care when in this area.
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 02 Jul 2016 11:26

Dive bombed again this morning in the same place, but I heard it launch from the tree tops this time so I was ready for it....ha ha
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

keith

Post by keith » 03 Jul 2016 16:13

The bloke who organizes the top dressing of lanes in the Worcestershire area is heavily into falconry I hear !