Red Lion Club on Strava

Chat about anything in here

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Dave Cox

slogfester

Red Lion Club on Strava

Post by slogfester » 25 Nov 2016 06:49

When I open a ride in Strava and look at the segment list, if I use the drop down top 10 list on the right side of the screen I get the usual list of by all time/male/weight/age etc and clubs. This includes a club called 'Red Lion', but I am not a member of any such club and it does not appear in segment details listings etc. There appear to be no riders in said club.
Any ideas, 'Red Lion' riders?
Belt up, we're going for a ride

Pedlo Mudguardo

Post by Pedlo Mudguardo » 25 Nov 2016 07:31

Hi Barry,

The Red Lion Club is the collective name for the Wednesday evening training bash which meets at the Red Lion Pub in Kings Heath and populated mainly by Beacon riders. I think Toby or Laurence may have started the Strava club.

slogfester

Post by slogfester » 25 Nov 2016 09:47

Hi Nic
I guessed as much. But what am I doing on it? I never applied, and it does not appear in my list of club memberships, but somehow appears in drop down lists. I've only ever recorded one Red Lion ride on Strava a long time a go.
Puzzled DownUnder

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 25 Nov 2016 11:59

This is the "official" Red Lion club: https://www.strava.com/clubs/red_lion_kh. It has members, but you're not one of them, so perhaps you've somehow joined an imposter club?

George

Post by George » 26 Nov 2016 17:17

I don't think that Barry has joined any Red Lion club, genuine or otherwise. What he wants to know is why (given that he isn't a member) the club appears in the pull-down list that he sees when selecting a display filter when viewing segment times.

I don't have an answer, but I can say it's not an isolated phenomenon. For example, I often see Beacon RCC Zwifters under similar circumstances, even though I don't belong to the club or even use Zwift. It must somehow relate to one's contacts, but exactly how I don't know, since it's hard to imagine that many of Barry's Aussie segments have been ridden by Red Lion people.

slogfester

Post by slogfester » 12 Jan 2017 00:44

Strava have told me its a known bug and they are working on it.